Stayed one night with friends since privy destination was booked up.
1. Service. Good. Staff was polite and helpful although I did not make any hard questions.
2. Facilities: starting to show it's age, not that well maintained. In my room the toilet shower was clogged. Drained slowly. Otherwise clean and decent. Looks a bit strange since it has a European theme.
3. Entertainment: good for children. Have arcade, kids rides, carnival games, acrobat show a few times daily.
4. Food: bad and pricey. Ok I know everything has to be driven to the hill top so price is acceptable. But selection is typical Malaysian standard "western" style, meaning it's quite bad. Malaysia, just be yourself, open a decent Malay, Indian or Chinese restaurant and serve proper food. Parents will be happier eating a proper nasi goreng.
5. Others: weather is cooling, nearby there is horse riding, petting zoo, zip line, paint ball, golf.
Overall if never go before can check it out. Don't expect too much but you also won't pay too much. Good to entertain kids under 10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colmar Tropicale was modeled after 16th century Colmar town, north east of Alsace, France, also incorporatingarchitectural designs and elements from ancient surrounding villages of Riquewihr, Turckheim and Kaysersberg. The realization of this French themed village derived from the wish list of the Malaysia's fourth Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad, who upon his visit to the region of Alsace were so impressed, that it inspired Tan Sri Vincent Tan, the founder of Berjaya Corporation Berhad to replicate the actual Colmar town in Malaysia.The resort comprised of 235 rooms and suites, offers 8 food & beverage outlets / lounges with food variety ranging from local & international cuisine to an authentic French fine dining restaurant. It also offers meeting rooms and banqueting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills - Malaysia Hotel Bentung
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills Malaysia/Bukit Tinggi