One of the first things we heard of this place while on the way there was that those who visited this place only did so once and never returned. We found out why:
Food is expensive, bad and not French at all.
Little to do, unless you pay more for their activities... which we didn't bother to (would have been bored to death had there not been a shuttle bus that took us to Berjaya Times Square for an added fee).
Room was fine.
View was nice, but after a few pictures, we got bored as the place was so small.
We totally regretted going for this. Should have read the reviews here before signing up...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colmar Tropicale was modeled after 16th century Colmar town, north east of Alsace, France, also incorporatingarchitectural designs and elements from ancient surrounding villages of Riquewihr, Turckheim and Kaysersberg. The realization of this French themed village derived from the wish list of the Malaysia's fourth Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad, who upon his visit to the region of Alsace were so impressed, that it inspired Tan Sri Vincent Tan, the founder of Berjaya Corporation Berhad to replicate the actual Colmar town in Malaysia.The resort comprised of 235 rooms and suites, offers 8 food & beverage outlets / lounges with food variety ranging from local & international cuisine to an authentic French fine dining restaurant. It also offers meeting rooms and banqueting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills - Malaysia Hotel Bentung
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills Malaysia/Bukit Tinggi