My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. We made our booking through the Berjaya hills website. I've never heard of the place before but a friend of ours recommended the place. First impression is that the place is really unique. It's French theme buildings were elegant and out of place at the same time since you know its in Asia. When we got to our room I was disgusted by the overall appearance. It was filthy, you could see dust (which seemed to me untouched in a couple of years) gathering at the corners of the bedroom.
There was a funky stench from the bed sheets. And the food available at the restaurants and cafes were horrible.
The japanese garden was ok although there were several Japanese tourist that we bumped into who were complaining about the authenticity of the japanese house.
Overall, its good for a visit or day trip. I wouldn't suggest people staying the night there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colmar Tropicale was modeled after 16th century Colmar town, north east of Alsace, France, also incorporatingarchitectural designs and elements from ancient surrounding villages of Riquewihr, Turckheim and Kaysersberg. The realization of this French themed village derived from the wish list of the Malaysia's fourth Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad, who upon his visit to the region of Alsace were so impressed, that it inspired Tan Sri Vincent Tan, the founder of Berjaya Corporation Berhad to replicate the actual Colmar town in Malaysia.The resort comprised of 235 rooms and suites, offers 8 food & beverage outlets / lounges with food variety ranging from local & international cuisine to an authentic French fine dining restaurant. It also offers meeting rooms and banqueting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills - Malaysia Hotel Bentung
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills Malaysia/Bukit Tinggi