“Well deserved comment in overall service, food, and stay”

The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bukit Tinggi
Singapore
“Well deserved comment in overall service, food, and stay”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had a very pleasant and surprised stay in The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort during 11-13 Feb, 2013. From upon arriving at the airport the transport pick up arranged to receiving the guest at the visitor's reception lounge, concierge, servers in restaurants, I was really impressed the way they took the extra effort to ensure my comfort. The room was spacious and clean and the surrounding of the hotel is kept clean at all time. I especially love the cooling corner and spa lounge as it is very cosy and peaceful where I can read my book listening to the bird chirping. i enjoyed the spa massage, the walk around the hotel, the activity and facilities happening on the hill. I will recommend would-be married couples to consider staying in this resort, hosting their wedding ceremony there. Overall it is an excellent service, food and stay here. I will recommend that it is worth to experience and relax in this resort. A pity that 3D2N stay was too short for me, I should hv stayed another night. Thank you Alan Billy-the Front office manager, who is so conscientious to ensure that the driver will sent me to the airport on time to catch my plane back. And thank you Jeyel for so attentive to my dining needs throughout the dinner.

Room Tip: check on the weather and your flight connection time early so that you will not end up missing your...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
TheChateauMalaysia, Management at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our resort on your recent visit to Malaysia. Our team is very excited to learn that we were up to your expectations and provided you with all the necessary facilities during your short stay. We are very glad to receive your feedback reflecting our standard of hospitality and overall quality that guests should expect from us.

The Chateau Spa & Wellness Resort believes in providing patrons with a complete organic experience through well appointed services and good hospitality standards. Utilizing only fresh produce from our own ecologically grown gardens, we serve our guests with exquisite gourmet menus. Next time you stay, you can simply ask the front desk so that we can help you grab something from the kitchen before your flight!

Thank you once again for staying and reviewing our resort. We do hope to be your accommodation of choice on all your future trips to Berjaya Hills, Malaysia.

Management @ The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Find attached photo for the hotel :)

I stayed at Chateau Resort 3 nights , in Feb 15th .Room#309
Me and my brother got classic room which was upgraded for free from the hotel.

The staff were friendly and very very very helpful ..
This hotel one of the best prestige hotel ,so you will noticed the kindness of the staff starting by security guys till the reception staff..

In general the hotel is one of the best best best hotel I ever stayed in . Its was unique and wonderful experience .

The attention to details was out of-standing. Huge twin beds room, with huge bathroom has two kind of shower, AC and plazma TV .
The beds is high quality one and comfortable .
The furniture design look like you are in old, high unique and famous castle in Europe .

Swimming pool was Royal and the best one I ever seen starting from UE till East Asia countries.

The location top of the mountain far away from the traffic and city noises ..The atmosphere was prefect with fresh air .

There are many activities around the hotel.. like Colmar Tropicale village with french style .. with free transportation provided by hotel " Mercedes car " .....etc ( find attached photo for location and activities Map)

To be honest with u ,I can't explain how was this experience .
Ooh I almost forget THE SPA !!! Believe me at this Spa u will tasted the King's Life .. The best Treatment I ever got ..

I know I repeated ( the best ... ever .. )
But this is the truth .. I spent in many hotels and resorts in many countries, the Chateau is the best for relaxation.

I strongly recommend this one for anyone looking for Relaxation and Royal experience..

Finally,I would like to thank everyone work in this hotel management and staff .Gentlemen you really made my vacation more than I expect .
Special thanks to Mr. Emanuale in the reception for everything.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Nawaf A
TheChateauMalaysia, Management at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We express our gratitude for sharing your experience on this public platform. The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort offers an idyllic haven to explore the path towards total wellbeing. It is a pleasure to note your appreciation for our services and amenities. The peaceful and relaxing surrounding is the key feature that aims at providing ultimate health and well-being enrichment.

We would like to inform you that our resort is the world’s first organic spa and wellness resort and its architecture is inspired by 18th century “Haut Koenigsbourg” castle in Alsace, France. We are a premier spa destination in Malaysia and strive to provide our guests uncompromising level of spa experience. The spa personnel provide tailor-made therapies and programs that take you on a journey towards wellness.

Your kind comments about the reception and the staff definitely boost their morale and enable them to further strengthen the hospitality standards. We are one of the leading resorts in Malaysia and provide our guests flawless and unforgettable experience with state-of-the-art facilities and in-room amenities. It is a pleasure to know that you found the pool one of the best and had a great relaxing experience.

We take pride in our commendable services and look forward to make your next stay even more inspiring.

Thank you for the custom and the review.

sydney, australia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My experience in the hotel is enhanced by outstanding service.

Things to love about the hotel:
(1) Located on highlands - which means you get to escape the sweltering heat in Kuala Lumpur approximately 1 hour from the city.

(2) Organic amenities and a green philosophy - love the exclusive Voya toileteries, the warm, fluffy comforters, the comfortable bathrobes and linen.

(3) Outstanding service - regular contact via emails prior to arrival re: restaurant reservations, spa treatment reservations etc, very helpful staff members, good cleaning staff (ABSOLUTELY LOVE the turn down service with an organic snack - chocolate mousse one day). The staff members went out of their way to ensure that we had internet connection and regularly updated us.

(4) Spa - very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere with very professional staff. Excellent massages to be had with very well trained masseurs. Wide range of spa treatments available. There is a ladies only treatment area. Big gym with good facilities, regular fitness classes including yoga. Felt the tension in my muscles literally melt away with the soak in the seaweed jacuzzi tub.

(5) Comfortable, clean and large sized rooms with plush beds and amenities. Separate rainshower and bathtub. Regularly replenished toiletries. Organic tea and coffee complimentary.

(6) Excellent meals in the hotel. We ate at the French restaurant the first night - meal was good (close to a 1 michelin starred restaurant) with excellent bread and dessert. Reasonable choices of wine available with some organic wines listed. We had in room service the next night with a beautiful foie gras pasta. Breakfast was divine! Instead of the usual buffet service, items are brought to the table and you can pick and choose a hot/cold variety - beautiful organic yoghurts, eggs (done whichever style), asian breakfast items like congee - all prepared to order. High tea was an assorted spread of sweets, pastries and finger sandwiches and your choice of various organic teas.

(7) Golf course on site - for the diehard fans

(8) Easy check-in and check out service.

(9) Good holiday packages.

Things that can be improved upon
(1) Wifi connection was not the best - if you have urgent business/meetings requiring internet connection I would probably stay clear.

(2) Would have liked if the timetable for the fitness classes were available in the rooms rather than just posted up in the spa/fitness area.

(3) Useful if the small organic shop had exercise attire.

All in all, highly recommended hotel. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank yees
Dear Guest,

Extremely humbled to receive such an encouraging review, we take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with The Chateau Spa and Organic Wellness Resort during your recent trip. We aim at providing uncompromising level of services with a complete organic experience to our esteemed guests. Our resort is conveniently located 90 minutes from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport and provides an easy access to the prime destinations.

The luxurious amenities and unsurpassed hospitality service pleases every requisite of our guests. Our staff is delighted to receive your genuine appreciation for their efforts on this public platform. Also, we are contended to know that you were able to enjoy all the recreational facilities. La Santé Organic Wellness Spa pampers its guests with a unique blend of European spa expertise with Asian hospitality. We pride in offering unprecedented organic gourmet dining experience to our multi-cultured guests.

We appreciate the thoughtful suggestion of providing the fitness schedule inside the rooms. Also, we will work on improving the internet services for a much enhanced stay. Once again, thank you for encouraging us with your positive feedback. We would deem it a privilege to serve you yet again.

Malaysia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

When i first came to this hotel, i was pretty impressed with everything -The building itself, friendly security guards, bellmen, front desk staff..etc.

However, one thing which still occupy my mind till today was the rooms. I booked a deluxe room on the day of check in with my usual room preferences stated in the booking (high floor, non smoking, king bed, mountain view). However, when we were brought to our room (room 200), it looked small , facing the courtyard and with an obstructed view of the other wing.. literally its just awkwardly located at the inner corner of the building.

Feeling unsatisfied, i requested for another room. The front desk informed that they will find another room for us, and fortunately within 2 hours they called us again informing of another room available on the 3rd floor.

When we transferred to the new room (room 332), it was obviously different from the 1st one. Compared to room 200, it was a lot more spacious. The bathroom had separated bath tub and shower (room 200 was smaller, had a tub attached with shower), it even had space for a bed bench (room 200 only had space for walking, no bench whatsoever). At first i thought that the room was an upgrade. At this point, i searched for the website again for the room layouts and found out that it was indeed a deluxe room. So the question remains in my head throughout the stay - why would they have 2 different rooms in the same category? And why were we offered room 200 in the first place, was it because of the last minute booking? Well, like all my previous stays in other hotels, maybe it was just bad luck on my side.

But overall (minus the 1st room experience), this is so far the best hotel i've been to. Check in/ check out was nice, where guests only had to sit at the VIP lounge for the whole process and they will be served welcome drinks. The bed was heavenly, the food was great and delicious, and staff were outstanding. They even had hotel shuttles up to the japanese village (i was told only the hotel's mercedes vito is allowed up to the entrance). The ambience is cool and not as noisy and crowded as the neighbouring hotel. Try relaxing near the pool, you'll feel like you never want to leave.

With its location and surrounding, i personally think this hotel is the best place to relax and unwind with your loved ones. Recommended for honeymooners.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank xpinker
TheChateauMalaysia, Management at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the very outset, we would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and to receive your endorsement of our staff and property.
The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort is a premier spa destination that strives to provide its patrons with the best guest experience. However, we are very concerned to learn about the other side of your experience. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide to our guests. The reviews on this platform are the testimony to our highest level of hospitality. Please be rest assured as your comments about the room conditions have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate department for necessary actions.
We are very happy that we were able to satisfy you despite of your initial disappointment. The entire team at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort is looking forward to welcome you soon.

KL
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was here with my family for the Christmas break for 2 days. Chateau definitely lives up to its reputation of being an organic wellness resort, but this comes at a steep price. Nevertheless, our stay was very comfortable. The resort itself located near the peak of Bukit Tinggi, near Colmar Tropicale, is about 1 year old, ie. new. Hence, the surrounding itself is quite picturesque, climate nice and cool and also is secluded from the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur (about 45 minutes drive away).

We stayed at one of the wings, which surrounds a square garden. Coincidentally, we witnesses a garden wedding, which was one of the first for the resort - from my observation, the wedding went smoothly and the garden nicely decorated - I think this is one of the nicest places for a garden wedding.

The room itself - large and plush - we had a living room, a powder room and a bedroom with another attached bathroom (which comes with a tub). The room had organic bottled water and coffee - even the items in the snack bar was organic (and pricey too). The amenities provided by the hotel was also organic, similar to The Taaras in Redang Island. The bed itself was comfortable, with the bedsheet made from organic materials. On the pool, it does not have chlorine - special salts were used instead, so once after swimming, one does not get the chlorine smell all over your body.

Food is not cheap at The Chateau. Breakfast came with the room and they were buffet style (one had to order certain dishes and reorder if not enough). Eggs, waffles, pancakes, etc were all competently prepared, and of course, all were organic. We had lunch at the restaurant by the poolside - and as expected ,everything was organic and those came at premium prices. Menu consisted of a variety of international and local dishes and tasted OK. At night, we had dinner at the fine dining french restaurant, which was even more expensive; everything organic of course. The main dishes I had - lobster bisque, ravioli and chocolate souffle, though organic, was very very very well prepared and delicious!!! We ended dinner with a complementary chocolate dish which consisted of a solid chocolate cone (about 12 inches high) and several pieces of chocolate. Those were high quality chocolate!!!

The Chateau also have a spa - guests have a complimentary session of yoga everyday during their stay and for the actual spa, one must book in advance as there are very limited number of spa therapists. The spa service provided at Chateau is more of the European types like Swedish massage and some fancy German massage - I had the Japanese shiatsu massage. For the price I paid for shiatsu massage and wrap over 2 hours, I must say I was not entirely satisfied (as I think Bangkok has better value). Perhaps the other massages are better.

Overall, I think Chateau is a very nice place to relax, and really lives up to its organic wellness reputation, easily #1 in Malaysia. But it is not cheap.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SipsTea
TheChateauMalaysia, Management at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with The Chateau Spa and Organic Wellness Resort during your recent trip. It is a pride for us to know that you had a wholesome experience with us. We make constant effort in offering the ultimate in health and wellbeing with unsurpassed hospitality standards. The Resort is strategically located away from the hustle-bustle of the city life so that our esteemed guests find utmost peace and comfort.

We are committed to providing a complete organic experience with environment friendly rooms. La Santé Organic Wellness Spa sets a benchmark for a destination spa with a perfect blend of Asian Hospitality and European Spa Expertise. For an enhanced experience, 100% bio-degradable guest amenities are provided in the rooms with organic coffee and tea making facilities. We are extra cautious while maintaining the hygiene of the rooms and swimming pool. To reduce the everyday stress of life, our guests are regularly rewarded with complimentary Yoga sessions every day. We take pride in offering our guests with unprecedented organic gourmet dining experience, selecting only fresh produce from our own ecologically grown garden.

The superlative services and finest amenities of The Chateau Spa and Organic Wellness Resort compliment our premium prices. We are delighted to know that you were able to enjoy most of the services.

We thank you for encouraging us with your positive review. We would be more than honored to serve you once again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A business retreat that was way beyond expectations.

Amazing service to start with, beautiful scenery, rustic exterior with a modern decor. As this is a new hotel, thus everything is new and clean. So this is the best time to give it a try.

The food's above average but still better than most hotels in the city. Price wise, like the hotel, it's 5-star ($$$$$). For those looking for something lower priced, try Colmar Tropicale which is just 10 minutes walk - for a short cut, go through the car park on the right when you exit the gates. Or if you prefer local fares, have the hotel prepare a car and head down the hill. You'll find many choices and convenience stores to top up whatever you need.

Overall, a great and memorable retreat for just a short 45 minutes drive from the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AltanSG
TheChateauMalaysia, Management at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased to know that you had an amazing experience with us. Chateau Resort and Wellness Spa is a one of a kind organic wellness resort located in Berjaya Hills, Malaysia. We are the world’s only dedicated purely organic five-star wellness retreat. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide our customers with a purely organic experience. Everything at our resort is organic in origin. Guests can choose from a wide variety of options to keep them busy relaxing at our property and it is a delight to know that; you found our services at par with your expectations.
Once again, thank you for the review, and we hope to welcome you again.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I Stayed with my girlfriend for a night shortly before Christmas.
It is a really gorgeous place.
The service is very good and the staff is friendly.
The breakfast by the pool in the morning was lovely too.
Surely recommended for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CarstenJ71
TheChateauMalaysia, Management at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Carsten,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort.

We are the world’s only dedicated organic spa and wellness resort and it gives us great pleasure to learn that our matchless hospitality was acknowledged by you. Taking pride in our super luxurious interiors and never-before services, guest satisfaction is our top most priority. Your gracious comment about our décor, ambience and service has been well received.

Your recommendation as an ideal weekend getaway inspires the team to further strengthen our services. Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you again on your next trip to Malaysia.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bukit Tinggi
#1 of 11 in Genting Highlands
Villa Samadhi
Villa Samadhi
#1 of 345 in Kuala Lumpur

Been to The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort? Share your experiences!