“Auto Racing Experience”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Auto Racing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend, Herve, invited me to experience a National Auto Sport Association (NASA) event at the Auto Club Speedway. Being an auto racing fan I accepted. He suggested I sign up for the High Performance Driving Experience (HPDE) for Sunday. We arrived at the track early Saturday morning. We attended the safety briefing and then I had a chance to ride along as Herve raced on the track. It was exhilarating! The track was in great shape. On Sunday it was my turn to drive. All I can say is that until you've had a chance to race around a race track at over 125 mph, you're missing the adrenaline rush of a lifetime.

Berne, Indiana
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Don't Purchase The All Day Food Fest Tickets!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We did all three days of the Nascar race. We also purchased Garage Tour and Pit Pass tickets as well as the All You Can Eat tickets for race day. We had a great time here at the track. The Garage tour was great as well as the Pit Passes, would not want to do an event without those. One thing we will never do again is the Food tickets, what a waste of money. Within 20 laps of the race they were already selling out of food items you can purchase with the tickets, and they would not let you substitute for items they still had. It also took over 40 minutes in line just to try and get some food! Not what we wanted to be doing while the race was going on. Next time we will bring in our own food and drinks and not waste our time with food concessions on race day. The track is very easy to get into and out of on race day. They also have a texting service so while you are there at the track and have questions, all you do is send a text and the get right back with you with the answer. Great experience...except for the food.

Anaheim, California
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great Race Track for Racing but Skipt the Fan Zone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We attended the latest NASCAR Spring Cup race at Auto Club Speedway on 3/24/2013. The race was super good and we had seats that allowed us to view the entire racetrack which was awesome. I didn't realize before just how much you miss by watching the event on TV. The view from the cameras is very narrow so you miss SO much of the actual racing. It was really fun to see the movement going on behind the race leader. Had pit passes which was totally AWESOME. The only disappointment of the day was the Fan Zone. It seems to be a "Hollywood" theme with entertainment stages, open areas with grass and tables, etc. Very few merchandise trucks and NASCAR related events -- not much to do AT ALL. Very UNENJOYABLE for true race fans. If I wanted to see a band I could go to a concert. Sincerely wish they would revamp it back to what it was when then the race track was first built.

1 Thank Kim J