“Rusty Wallace Racing Experience, New Smyrna Beach, Florida”

Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Fontana
orlando
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Rusty Wallace Racing Experience, New Smyrna Beach, Florida”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Racing with Rusty was an anniversary gift from my wife and we just took advantage of it! Booking online is simple, quick and easy. My wife had purchased the experience thru Living Social and if this is the route you've taken it is very Important to bring in your Living Social receipt with coupon code to verify who you are matches their records. Best piece of advice is to purchase the $60 insurance. Your insurance will not cover it and peace of mind is priceless.

If you are a first-timer like I was you are gonna have a blast while being overwhelmed with information. The 45 min class before you climb behind the wheel is informative and will somewhat prepare you for what your about to experience, but once inside the car and your pit crew giving you last minute advice your head will explode with info, but all for your safety and to maximize the experience!

I recommend this for anyone whose ever thought about getting the perspective of being a Real race car driver, because sure enough your heart will pump out of your chest and your gonna 'Shake & Bake!'

**The most popular question I have had since my race has been, 'How fast did I go?' My reply is, 'I dunno, I was too focused on keeping the car on the track!'

1 Thank sooperboy

Birmingham, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I bought this experience for my dad because I saw a discount on groupon. It was suppose to be for Father's Day and we drive an hour to the race track..only to have it cancelled. Then we reschedule for November and drive another hour to the track and they tried to cancel on us again and we refused to come back a third time. After waiting through race cars that were broke down, radio's that did not work, and the most unorganized racing experience I have ever seen, he finally races after 4 hours of waiting. After 4 laps my dad is pulled in because his radio wasn't working. I paid for 8 laps and he only went 4. Also, the videos in the car do not work..don't waste your money on that either. I'm so disappointed I bought this to give to my dad and by the end he was so fed up with the experience, he just wanted to leave. Never again!

5 Thank LoriLaw30
Largo, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Disorganized and rude! What a waste....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I received the 10 lap driving exp with ride along for a birthday gift. I thought it sounded pretty cool. Then race day. I was supposed to be there at 11:30, got to New Symerna at 11 after diving further away from where we stayed in Orlando. The useless ticket taker couldn't figure out that what I had was a groupon and was telling me she needed something else. Finally as she was about to turn me away the other lady said that is what I needed.
Went up and watched others and we were within earshot of the spotter who I believe got so irate with the drivers they sent another up to relieve him for a bit.
Finally got into my 12 pm class at 1pm.
Found out I was still in an earlier class and I would have wait longer(only after asking, no one is directing traffic)
Finally got out to do my ride along after 2pm. It was ok. Over pretty quick as the track was really short.
Then on to the race. I had three good laps until I caught up to the tail end and they were going so slow through the turn I had to go high to avoid them, coasting mind you. The spotter immediately started screaming at me and sent me into the pits for counseling. Said I didn't lay off the gas when told, never heard my car number until the screaming.
So I pit, never got my laps back and ended up getting stuck in traffic the other 3-4 laps I got once out. Didn't get to pass and then it was over.
So sorry my family wasted their money on this as it was utter disappointment.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MORE IMPORTANTLY YOUR MONEY ON THIS!

7 Thank Snwbrdr73
Petaluma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Find the longest track location for a better experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We did the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience in Stockton Ca. The track is only 1/4 mile oval. The max speed of most cars was between 60 and 80 mph. The 80 mph was the ride along with a professional. If you look at the 5 star experiences and the good pictures they are all on 1.5 to 2.0 mile tracks. This enables the cars to get up to the 130 to 150mph speeds that are advertised.

I would also recommend driving with the professional before considering driving the car yourself.
Not only will you get on the track faster, you'll pick up so much more valuable information for driving one on your own.

1 Thank Gregory M
Columbus, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ridiculous, Terrible, Disappointing...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

...and we haven't even experienced the "Drive Along" yet!! I purchased a Groupon ticket for my husbands birthday. On the ticket it said that it was booked for the date that we wanted, but that we would need to simply schedule a time. When I called to schedule a time, they were booked. So, they sold more tickets for that day then were actually available. Since our trip was already scheduled for Atlanta (we live outside of Georgia) for my husbands birthday, I spoke with Joey at the business and he said he could give me two "Ride Along's" for the one "Drive Along" instead. Since I wasn't sure about booking for something in 2014 or going ahead with this weekend, Joey suggested I go ahead and just have those two spots available if I wanted them. After speaking with my husband (for who the ticket is actually for) he didn't want the "Ride Along" experience, but the "Drive Along" that I originally purchased. So, I called to reschedule only to find out there's a $70 rescheduling fee ($35 fee for each "Ride Along")!!!! I would NEVER have tentatively booked it if I was going to have ANOTHER fee on top of it. The whole time I'm trying to explain this to the employees there, they kept telling me all the things that I had done wrong. TERRIBLE customer service!!! I work in customer service and I would NEVER tell someone over and over that it's their own fault rather than trying to remedy the situation.

After speaking with a supervisor, all I got was a lousy discount on the fee, a whopping $25 fee each ($50 total) rather than the $35 fee each ($70 total). THEN, she tried to sell me one of their photo plaques for $50!!! I said, "Uh, no, you just took my $50 in fees. We haven't even gone to the racetrack yet, but if this is how they handle their customers (blaming them and adding on hidden fees), I can't even imagine how the experience is going to be.

I wish I could get my money back and get my husband a gift without all the bad memories that Rusty Wallace has now given us. Happy Birthday honey.

Visited October 2013