“Disorganized and rude! What a waste....” 1 of 5 bubbles

Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Fontana
Largo, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Disorganized and rude! What a waste....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I received the 10 lap driving exp with ride along for a birthday gift. I thought it sounded pretty cool. Then race day. I was supposed to be there at 11:30, got to New Symerna at 11 after diving further away from where we stayed in Orlando. The useless ticket taker couldn't figure out that what I had was a groupon and was telling me she needed something else. Finally as she was about to turn me away the other lady said that is what I needed.
Went up and watched others and we were within earshot of the spotter who I believe got so irate with the drivers they sent another up to relieve him for a bit.
Finally got into my 12 pm class at 1pm.
Found out I was still in an earlier class and I would have wait longer(only after asking, no one is directing traffic)
Finally got out to do my ride along after 2pm. It was ok. Over pretty quick as the track was really short.
Then on to the race. I had three good laps until I caught up to the tail end and they were going so slow through the turn I had to go high to avoid them, coasting mind you. The spotter immediately started screaming at me and sent me into the pits for counseling. Said I didn't lay off the gas when told, never heard my car number until the screaming.
So I pit, never got my laps back and ended up getting stuck in traffic the other 3-4 laps I got once out. Didn't get to pass and then it was over.
So sorry my family wasted their money on this as it was utter disappointment.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MORE IMPORTANTLY YOUR MONEY ON THIS!

Visited November 2013
7 Thank Snwbrdr73

Petaluma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Find the longest track location for a better experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We did the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience in Stockton Ca. The track is only 1/4 mile oval. The max speed of most cars was between 60 and 80 mph. The 80 mph was the ride along with a professional. If you look at the 5 star experiences and the good pictures they are all on 1.5 to 2.0 mile tracks. This enables the cars to get up to the 130 to 150mph speeds that are advertised.

I would also recommend driving with the professional before considering driving the car yourself.
Not only will you get on the track faster, you'll pick up so much more valuable information for driving one on your own.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Gregory M
Columbus, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ridiculous, Terrible, Disappointing...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

...and we haven't even experienced the "Drive Along" yet!! I purchased a Groupon ticket for my husbands birthday. On the ticket it said that it was booked for the date that we wanted, but that we would need to simply schedule a time. When I called to schedule a time, they were booked. So, they sold more tickets for that day then were actually available. Since our trip was already scheduled for Atlanta (we live outside of Georgia) for my husbands birthday, I spoke with Joey at the business and he said he could give me two "Ride Along's" for the one "Drive Along" instead. Since I wasn't sure about booking for something in 2014 or going ahead with this weekend, Joey suggested I go ahead and just have those two spots available if I wanted them. After speaking with my husband (for who the ticket is actually for) he didn't want the "Ride Along" experience, but the "Drive Along" that I originally purchased. So, I called to reschedule only to find out there's a $70 rescheduling fee ($35 fee for each "Ride Along")!!!! I would NEVER have tentatively booked it if I was going to have ANOTHER fee on top of it. The whole time I'm trying to explain this to the employees there, they kept telling me all the things that I had done wrong. TERRIBLE customer service!!! I work in customer service and I would NEVER tell someone over and over that it's their own fault rather than trying to remedy the situation.

After speaking with a supervisor, all I got was a lousy discount on the fee, a whopping $25 fee each ($50 total) rather than the $35 fee each ($70 total). THEN, she tried to sell me one of their photo plaques for $50!!! I said, "Uh, no, you just took my $50 in fees. We haven't even gone to the racetrack yet, but if this is how they handle their customers (blaming them and adding on hidden fees), I can't even imagine how the experience is going to be.

I wish I could get my money back and get my husband a gift without all the bad memories that Rusty Wallace has now given us. Happy Birthday honey.

6 Thank Mona V
Yorba Linda, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incedible Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went to Fontana for our Rusty Wallace Racing Experience... And what an incredible experience it was... I'm hooked!!! All I can think about is how to better my lap times.

Mariposa, California, United States
“Rusty Wallace Racing Experience, Stockton 99 Speedway.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Fun experience. Too short. Great staff and very friendly and helpful. Very short track, so speeds are slower. Great track for a first timer, but if you want speed, Fontana might be a better choice. Would totally do it again...hoping to go to Fontana. - Karen F.