Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Fontana
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We did the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience in Stockton Ca. The track is only 1/4 mile oval. The max speed of most cars was between 60 and 80 mph. The 80 mph was the ride along with a professional. If you look at the 5 star experiences and the good pictures they are all on 1.5 to 2.0 mile tracks. This enables the cars to get up to the 130 to 150mph speeds that are advertised.

I would also recommend driving with the professional before considering driving the car yourself.
Not only will you get on the track faster, you'll pick up so much more valuable information for driving one on your own.

1  Thank Gregory M

Reviewed November 1, 2013

...and we haven't even experienced the "Drive Along" yet!! I purchased a Groupon ticket for my husbands birthday. On the ticket it said that it was booked for the date that we wanted, but that we would need to simply schedule a time. When I called to schedule a time, they were booked. So, they sold more tickets for that day then were actually available. Since our trip was already scheduled for Atlanta (we live outside of Georgia) for my husbands birthday, I spoke with Joey at the business and he said he could give me two "Ride Along's" for the one "Drive Along" instead. Since I wasn't sure about booking for something in 2014 or going ahead with this weekend, Joey suggested I go ahead and just have those two spots available if I wanted them. After speaking with my husband (for who the ticket is actually for) he didn't want the "Ride Along" experience, but the "Drive Along" that I originally purchased. So, I called to reschedule only to find out there's a $70 rescheduling fee ($35 fee for each "Ride Along")!!!! I would NEVER have tentatively booked it if I was going to have ANOTHER fee on top of it. The whole time I'm trying to explain this to the employees there, they kept telling me all the things that I had done wrong. TERRIBLE customer service!!! I work in customer service and I would NEVER tell someone over and over that it's their own fault rather than trying to remedy the situation.

After speaking with a supervisor, all I got was a lousy discount on the fee, a whopping $25 fee each ($50 total) rather than the $35 fee each ($70 total). THEN, she tried to sell me one of their photo plaques for $50!!! I said, "Uh, no, you just took my $50 in fees. We haven't even gone to the racetrack yet, but if this is how they handle their customers (blaming them and adding on hidden fees), I can't even imagine how the experience is going to be.

I wish I could get my money back and get my husband a gift without all the bad memories that Rusty Wallace has now given us. Happy Birthday honey.

6  Thank Mona V
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went to Fontana for our Rusty Wallace Racing Experience... And what an incredible experience it was... I'm hooked!!! All I can think about is how to better my lap times.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Fun experience. Too short. Great staff and very friendly and helpful. Very short track, so speeds are slower. Great track for a first timer, but if you want speed, Fontana might be a better choice. Would totally do it again...hoping to go to Fontana. - Karen F.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

(NOTE: This was at the Iowa Speedway, but is listed here because a separate listing for Iowa is not available). For my husband's 55th bday, we took him to the Iowa Speedway to drive a real NASCAR himself. This was one of his top "bucket list" things to do. The whole experience was top notch from the signing in, 30 minute instruction training, to the driving of the race car. The staff was professional and we got to meet our drivers before the rides. This eased my mind to know that the person under the helmet seemed to have some experience and didn't particularly show any signs of a "death wish". After we saw how much fun my husband had on his 15 lap drive, myself, my daughter, age 27, and my mother-in-law, age 81, all did a 3 lap ride along!!! That was 3 generations enjoying a day at the raceway! Definitely going back again!!!!!