“Amazing Saff”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fontana
Reviewed February 18, 2013

In January my 10 year old daughter and I got stranded in Fontana, very late at night. We stopped at The Comfort Inn, since it was right off the freeway. A friend of mine had already paid for our room online as well as called to make sure we were checked in ok, she requested a non smoking single room. I was over stressed and at the brink of tears when I checked in, but the boy at the front desk was so sweet and helpful. He told me that they were sorry but all of their non smoking single rooms were full, but they would put us up in a non smoking suite instead, and to top it off it had a huge jacuzzi as well! Being stranded still sucked but the nice room and jacuzzi sure made it a better 3 nights for me and my little girl. Great motel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hard2handle1215

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went for a "stay cation" with the grand kids and we had a blast! Great indoor pool and fun breakfast! Very filling and loved the waffles! Will do this again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank preames
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Fontana, Comfort Inn it was clean, well maintained, pleasantly staffed and located conviently next to a Dennys, Jack in the Box, Starbucks and Logan's Roadhouse. This hotel really takes care of there indoor pool its a great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank MoneyInn
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed here for 2 weeks, and had no issues! There are some reviews complaining about bed size- let me say- at 6'3", I can't fit into a double- but I got a King so no problems there! The Choice brand is about 50/50- you never know what you'll get. This hotel is great. Property looks to be about 2-4 years old, and yes there are some slight signs of wear- small carpet stain, small wall scuffs, etc., but I've seen that in 2 week old hotels too. All in all it's in great shape. Bed is super comfortable- Simmons Beautyrest pillowtop. No bedbugs, spiders, roaches, etc. Fridge & microwave in room, as well as a desk w/chair & also 'leisure' chair w/ footstool. Vanity is in the room, toilet & shower are separate, behind a door. This property does back up to the highway, as all mostly do, but it's down below the surface- noise was not an issue. There's a Starbucks across the parking lot open from 4:30am to 11pm; also a Logan's Steakhouse open until 10pm, and a pizza hut all across the lot. The back of the property backs up to a subdivision of nice looking 2 story homes. The only negative comment I have is regarding the internet- it's slow!!! I know there's eggs & sausage for breakfast, I myself eat oatmeal & yogurt, but there's lots to choose from. Staff was very accommodating. If you're used to staying in HI Express, Hampton or Fairfield, you'd get along here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2010

As other reviewers have noted, the staff are very courteous. The room and bathroom we had was a tad bit small. Young children will need help operating the shower. The fridge did not work but not that big of a deal for us. And the beds are doubles, not queens so a little uncomfortable for two people that are used to having queens. But the one thing that was the most disappointing was their hot tub--it was lukewarm! I came down to join my family in the pool room-- which is probably the best looking one I've seen yet--and when I entered the room my husband who was sitting in the hot tub asked me to find out from the front desk how to increase the temp of the water. I did so and the very nice lady apologised for not being able to do anything about it because the water temp was computer programmed. Not really understanding my husband's dismay I stepped down into the hot tub and discovered that all that frothy bubbling water was slightly colder than my body temp. I actually got goose bumps sitting in it. I didn't stay long. Neither did my husband.

Other than those minor annoyances, we enjoyed a clean room for one night. The breakfast offerings the next morning were typical continental fare that budget hotels provide, but everything was fresh and tasty. This is a good place to stay for passing through.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I stay here once a month for business, i check in late and head staright to bed.. The location is great!! Close to the highway.. Fairly new rooms and the service is great.. The Breakfast is always good and i save myself ten bucks..

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2008

I really hate to give this hotel a low rating because I found the service and the room in and of itself to be very good. However, for me, the whole point is to get a good night's rest, and I just could not do that at this particular Comfort Inn.

I live in the area and needed a room on very short notice on a weeknight because my home was being "bug bombed" for an insect invasion. I thought it would be a nice idea to get a jacuzzi suite for my sweetie and I if it was available, so I called the location direct instead of reserving online as I usually do with most hotels and motels. The nice lady at the desk was extremely helpful and courteous, and that would be repeated both upon check-in and check-out (I was especially impressed as she properly handled a gruff person already checking in as we got in line). I cannot speak about the continental breakfast or any of the other out-of-room amenities (other than the swimming pool appearing clean) because we were either more interested in using the in-room jacuzzi or had to make a quick exit in the morning to make it to work on time.

We both found the room to be clean and comfortable. The bathroom proper was small and I always find it odd when the sink area is in the room area instead of behind the bathroom door or at least right next to it. That being said, they were all clean and functioned properly. We did not have time to use the in-room coffee maker although it appeared new and well-stocked. The fridge was clean and plenty large enough to hold all of the soft drinks we brought with us. The jacuzzi was well maintained and roomy enough for two people to sit very comfortably in it and enjoy the relaxing jets of water. There is a "roadhouse" type restaurant next to the property that I had eaten at in previous months -- avoid it like the plague. We did not even bother using the TV set in the room, but we didn't need to -- and that leads to my big complaint about this specific Comfort Inn.

Now, I realize that no hotel can do much about noisy guests unless they truly get out of hand. So, I am not blaming this Comfort Inn for the people who were on our floor slamming doors, yelling in the hall, or not keeping their bratty children in line up through about 11 PM. As any good traveler knows, you could just as easily show up on a night when your neighbors are all more courteous instead of one where people have no thought that there are others in the adjoining rooms.

What I do blame this location for is being built with some of the thinnest walls I have ever experienced going back to the first years I can remember traveling with my parents. Our two direct neighbors were by no means blasting their television sets -- they were on a quite normal volume. But, both my sweetie and I could hear every single word coming from each one. And, as those guests chose to watch TV well beyond two in the morning, we had no choice but to also listen in. I am normally a pretty heavy sleeper, but this was more than I could ignore even with a fluffy pillow over my head (my sweetie also said that she got very little sleep as well).

Again repeating my rule that the #1 priority of any hotel is to provide a good night's sleep, I just cannot give Fontana's Comfort Inn my full endorsement. But, while you are awake, you will be treated well by the kind and attentive staff and find the accommodations (at least in the jacuzzi suite) very nice for this level of hotel. It also gets a plus from me for being one of the few hotels left in California that still has some smoking rooms. But, I'd rather go outside to have a cigarette than stay up all night listening to somebody else watch TV when I need to get to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank KoHoSo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fontana
6 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Fontana
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Fontana
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ontario at Ontario Mills, CA
Best Western Cajon Pass
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario, A Trademark Collection Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!