All reviewsgreat hotelbusiness centersan bernardinoroom was cleanshopping and restaurantsbusiness travelerfront desk staffearly checkeasy accesshome away from homewould definitely stay here againfortunahgikaiserfreewayontarioaccommodations
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We've been staying here since this hotel opened a few years back and it's great for families. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly, pool and hot tub wonderful. Love the 24-hour pantry, you can get emergency items in a pinch. however, there's also a Target right down the street. Rooms are spacious and comfy. Restaurant serves okay food, breakfast will fill you up til lunch. Hotel very close to freeway but still fairly quiet; for us it was a plus. Airport is nearby, so you will hear planes every now and then.. but overall, we LOVE this hotel and wouldn't go anywhere else! :)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
hgifontana, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind comments, we love to hear them and I'll pass along to the team. We appreciate you taking time to review us online and hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2010

The Good: The hotel looks to be very new. The room and public areas are in good shape and very clean. The bathroom is small, well lit and very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful, especially Crystal the bartender and waitress. Parking and WiFi are free as is the breakfast (at least for Hilton Honors guests) and there are no tack-ons for room service. Breakfast is very good, bar food is good and dinners are passable which is fortunate because there is nothing within walking distance of the property.

The Not So Good. Especially given this is a newly built hotel it is very noisy. The room to room noise is annoying: crying kids, doors banging, yelling, the elephants tromping across the room above and a noise that sounded like someone dropping a heavy suitcase in the middle of the room. I never did figure out what that was. At 1:30 a.m. the noise level from screaming and hollering kids was so bad I turned on the air conditioner to drown it out. Which brings me to the second problem. In addition to being very loud, the air conditioning is either on or off. Hence, you are in a refrigerator or a sauna, take your choice. Perhaps it was a broken thermostat in this one room, as I reported. We'll see.

On balance, the good outweighs the bad and I can recommend this hotel for a short business stay.

On balance, the good

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2010

As a Hilton Diamond member who stays in hotels over 150 nights a year, I would not go out of my way to visit this hotel. The grounds and rooms are very nice, but the attitude of the staff is NOT worthy of the Hilton name. Call and requests to the front desk went unanswered, as they were busy "catering" to two wedding parties that acted like they had never stayed in a quality hotel in their life. I cannot imagine what travelers that were not loyal Hilton Honors members were experiencing, because we were "invisible". Ebony, the so called front desk manager, kept passing the buck and taking the "not my job" attitude, and the young lady running the bar acted like she was totally inconvenienced to even do something simple as take an order. The heavy sighs, excuses, and rolling of the eyes reminded me of a teenager with no discipline. If you'd like customer service, I recommend staying at a property closer to the Ontario airport. We checked out early and did just that. On a positive note, the waitresses at breakfast and serving from the bar were very pleasant, and Peter, the other person working the front desk, seemed to be the only desk member worthy of wearing the Hilton name.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
hgifontana, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

I appreciate your honest feedback and wanted to let you know I have addressed your concerns with both Ebony and our Director of Food and Beverage. There was some misscommunication between our team regarding your requests to the front desk and there is no excuse for the lack of communication. The poor bar service you received will result in training our bartenders and I am very sorry your experience at our hotel was less than satsifactory. Our hotel and the all team members take pride in providing excellent guest service experiences to all of our guests and are dissapointed this was not reflected during your stay as I have shared your comments with the team. I hope you will offer us another try as I am confident we can deliver the level of guest experience you are familiar with when visiting Hilton Hotels. With kind regards, Rhonda Gharib, General Manager.

Reviewed February 8, 2010

The hotel was extremely clean, with the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. There is a great view of the mountains from the hotel (though our room was facing the other way). The hotel is very close to restaurants by vehicle, but I am not sure about walking. The hotel is on one side of the freeway and the shopping/restaurant center on the other side. You would have to cross an extremely busy overpass. The hotel has a pool and a hot tub, both outdoor. It has a business center with 2 computers hooked up for free internet access. It has a large parking lot with plenty of parking (free). The hotel is only a 5 minute drive to Oak Quarry golf course, which I would argue as one of the best courses in Southern California. We booked with Hotels.com for only $50.05 per night which was a steal in my book. I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank rjw35
hgifontana, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2010

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay. On behalf of the team, we are happy the service and value exceeded your expectations and indeed Oak Quarry is a beautiful course. There is a short cut to dining and shopping from the hotel to avoid the street traffic and hopefully on your next trip we have an opportunity to share with you. Again, your comments are appreciated and we are delighted to have served you.

Reviewed October 18, 2009

Cannot say enough good things about the room here. The hotel is very new & clean, always a plus, and the room was more than a pleasant surprise. We were in Fontana for an event and this was the group hotel, so I wasn't expecting too much. We did upgrade to a small suite and found it far superior to the Residence Inn Beverly Hills where we'd stayed the previous nights - at one third of the price. Nice decor - dark contemporary furniture pieces with granite tops, granite counter in the bath, very comfortable king bed with nice linens, two flat screen tvs, small refrigerator and coffee maker. They do charge for breakfast and happy hour. If this is an example of new Garden Inns I'll definitely try them again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple