“"Some love, some hate it."”

Hilton Garden Inn Fontana
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fontana
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family and I stayed here for the weekend. The lobby was nice and clean and there was a small bar. Unfortunately it was only open from 5-11, so bloody marry or mamosa with breakfast and no "night caps" at night. Check in was quick and painless but the elevator got stuck on us. Once in it wouldn't move and the door wouldn't open. Someone on the outside pushed the button and it opened. It worked fine after that. The rooms were nice and clean and the heater/air conditioner worked good. But the bed!!! It was like sleeping on the floor. The hardest bed i've ever been in. It had a dial on the side that was supposed to adjust the firmness but it must've been broke. worst 2 nights sleep ever. Then there was breakfast. They had fruit, cereal, juice, milk, breads, danishes, sweets, omelets, waffles, french toast, eggs, potatoes, But it was $10.95 per person. not a big deal if you are going to sit down and eat. no free continential breakfast here. if they would change the beds and offer a small free breakfast i would stay here again. oh and i also think they should consider removing the sign on the pools gate that says "Persons having currently active diarrhea or who have had diarrhea within the previous 14 days shall not be allowed to enter the pool water". It makes it look as if you have an on going problem of pooh in the pool.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
hgifontana, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Anthony M,

Thank you for providing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry you were unhappy with the bed, it is the Garden Sleep System offered by all Hilton Garden Inn's where you can adjust the firmness of the bed to your desire. They do adjust and I will have your bed looked at to ensure it's working properly. Also, each HGI offers a non-complimentary breakfast, in addition we do offer a select a la cart pricing for those that want to grab breakfast and go. The hotel offers bed and breakfast packages where you can have breakfast included in your rate at a discounted price if you have time during your stay to enjoy the fresh cooked to order items.

I would love to remove the sign at the pool gate, however we must comply with our county rules which does require it's posting. Thanks again for staying with us, I hope you enjoyed your weekend at the hotel and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed for one night and nothing to complain. All was as expected from a Hilton Garden inn. Checkin / Checkout without problems and breakfast were included as HH Gold Member. The hotel is locacted near the Interstate and easy to reach

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Well, what can I say! We had a wonderful stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn in fontana. We usually stay at another hotel when we come here on business but couldn't get reservations so we decided to try out this hotel and were not disappointed. I think we shall be staying here from now on. The room we had was perfect for our needs, was clean and well appointed and I have got to say the bed was the most comfortable bed I have had in any hotel.The staff could not have been more helpful. We were surprised how great this hotel was for the price of the room. I only wish breakfast was included but that was certainly not a deal breaker. A wonderful relaxing stay, thank you.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nic675
hgifontana, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

nic675,

Thank you for your kind review, we are happy to hear you will be staying with us from now on! I also wanted to let you know we do offer breakfast included rates, feel free to check online for your next visit or give us a call to check rates. Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel was fine bar and breakfast wise. Unfortunately we were there for one night and the bed and pillows were absolutely horrible....ridiculously uncomfortable. Our friends said the same about their room. We were there to spend the night only.....yuck.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Fontana is a great place to stay. The hotel is nicely decorated, the staff very friendly and helpful, the rooms well appointed and very clean, the beds comfortable, and most importantly I got a great night's sleep since it was quiet. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed April 7, 2013

If I had business in the local area I would definitely be staying at this property. I'm a diamond member and typically stay at Hilton, HGI or DoubleTree properties every week. The highlights:

1. Rooms. I'm facing the back. Very quiet. Huge room ... probably the biggest I have experienced in the HGI chain. You can pretty much host a yoga class in here.

2. Bathroom. Wanted to mention this as it's the first time I have seen a glass shower at a HGI and it's great. The bathroom is small compared to the room size but functional.

3. Internet. At consistently over 2 mbps D and just shy of 1 mbps U, it's above my minimum benchmarks but surprised it wasn't faster for a newer property. However I believe the reason is the fiber optics in this neighborhood may be the limiting factor. You don't see hi-tech companies in the immediate area so they likely didn't upgrade to a top tier infrastructure. Still, service is reliable and adequate for business.

4. Common areas. Very nice. I especially like the extended bar area. Tried the food here as well and it was very good at a reasonable cost.

5. Staff. Down to earth. No issues and good to see folks being themselves rather than put on fake smiles.

Wish list:

1. Windows. The stopper is set too prematurely and four inches is not enough. It's a shame given the area especially at the back is quiet and you can hear the birds. Wish it was possible to open the windows more.

2. TV. Smaller than other Hilton properties and surprising considering it's a newer building. However, adequate. Or maybe the room is so big that it makes the TV look small.

3. A/C. It works well however wish there was a quiet, med and high setting.

As with other reviews, I always knock HGI properties for sleep quality due to the beds. I wish they used the conventional ones that some Hilton and DoubleTree properties have without the dial adjustment. Conceptually these beds make sense but practically I can never find the perfect setting and after much use they fail and sag. Management needs to sleep in these for over 100 nights like myself to appreciate what I'm talking about. It's a shame too as these are expensive beds. However, for a few nights they are just fine. Also, the good news is this property is new enough that the chambers hold air very well if you desire a specific setting.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Since I was visiting friends east of LA, I didn't want to deal with LAX on the west. I flew in to the Ontario Airport (small and well organized). For accomodations, I went on-line, and by price point (99) and name recognition, I chose the Hilton Garden Inn, Fontana, about ten miles out from the airport - my first visit. It was top notch - but what really makes the place is a great staff and great service. Rooms were nicely appointed and the lobby / restuarant area has a quality ambiance, including fire places off to the side and a grand piano gracing the place - nice for a private evening drink. You know the old saying - you get what you pay for - here you get more than you pay for. The food and presentation were surprisingly very good for a smaller hotel operation as well. Last - it's far enough out from Ontario that jet noise is not a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for the south / mountain side of the hotel