All reviewsgreat hotelbusiness centersan bernardinoroom was cleanshopping and restaurantsbusiness travelerfront desk staffearly checkeasy accesshome away from homewould definitely stay here againfortunahgikaiserfreewayontarioaccommodations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am a business traveler covering the Western United States and have Diamond status with the Hilton Honors program and currently have 105 room nights so far in 2012. By the end of this year, I will have between 140 and 150 room nights so I appreciate small conveniences that truly make my time on the road easier to deal with.

Although I have many Hilton properties as well as other brand choices that would love to have my business, I have chosen to stay for 21 visits in the past 6 months at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fontana, CA. General Manager Rhonda Gharib is directly responsible for the success of this facility as she manages her hotel and staff in a manner that exudes true professionalism and the highest level of customer service and care. Also, the value of my stay exceeds the price I pay for my room.

I choose not to mention staff members by name as I would probably forget one and embarass myself but I know each of Rhonda's front desk, sales, housekeeping supervisor, restaurant and bar staff by first name and always receive a smile and kind greeting each and every time I see any of them. Periodically, I require special check-in or check-out considerations and they have helped accomodate my needs every time. The rooms are always fresh and clean, the Business Center clean and functional, the restaurant food is as good as it gets and the beer is cold and the wine and margaritas hit the spot after a tough day. Smiles and a caring attitude from Rhonda' s staff are abundant and a direct reflection of her leadership and guideance.

On a scale of 1 to 10, this business traveler rates Rhonda's Hilton Garden Inn an 11!!!!! As I have not respnded in the past, please weight my response to reflect 21 visits, all with the highest level of satisfaction for my stays.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
hgifontana, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Cary,

Wow, thank you so much! We really appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts, I will make sure to share with the team. See you soon!

Rhonda

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fontana because my wife's sister was very ill in the nearby Kaiser Permanente Medical Center.

We were a bit dismayed that the restaurant was closed at 9:00 PM on a Saturday night, and there were no decent meal options within walking distance.

The room however, was large, clean, and had a refrigerator and a microwave oven. We were able to purchase heat through food products, paper plates, etc. at the large Target store across the street.

Althought the room was decently appointed, the mattress left a lot to be desired. It was a firm base covered with memory foam that had lost its memory. These mattresses are probably very good for an individual owner, but I would rather stay at hotels that use traditional innerspring mattresses.

The breakfast buffet was supposed to be available at 7:00 in the morning, but when we went down at 7:30, the only things set out were some leaden looking pastry. We left without eating.

Fontana is not the sort of town that one would go to for vacation, but a hotel in this town needs to provide better options for business travelers and the families of hospital patients.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
hgifontana, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Ira,

Thank you for staying with us while you had to visit Kaiser Medical Center. I am sure it was a stressful time staying here and appreciate you choosing our hotel while in town. The beds in the hotel are still quite new since the property opened in 2009, I am not sure if you aware you can adjust the comfort of the bed using the dials at the head of the bed. They will make the bed either more firm or soft depending on your preference. I apologize breakfast didn't look appealing, we offer a full cooked to order breakfast along with pastries and cold offerings around the corner from the breakfast nook. Since we do not hold hot items as they are fresh prepared, I can understand how it may have appeared empty.

I appreciate your input and will pass along to the team, thank you for allowing us to serve you and we look forward to doing so again.

Rhonda Gharib

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We flew in from London and stayed here for 3 nights to get over the flight before traveling to Las Vegas. We picked this hotel from trip advisor reviews and it lived up to its reputation. The staff were extremely friendly and could not do more to help. We lazed by what was a lovely pool area while we were there and soaked up the sun. The room was clean and comfortable with great beds. Not that many eating places about but this is not really a tourist area. it was a great start to our holiday and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Merlin B
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fontana, California during a road trip northward to the San Francisco Bay Area. We got into Fontana pretty late at night and had to figure out where to stay. We used Trip Advisor and found this hotel. We couldn't have been happier that we did! We drove up to a really beautiful and welcoming entrance. The gentleman at the counter was so polite and willing to get us all set up in any way we needed.We had asked for a few things to be brought up and, although there were obviously other people to do it, he brought everything up himself and made sure that we were comfortable and that we didn't need anything else. We ordered room service from the restaurant. They had stayed open a few minutes late just so that we could eat since we had gotten in so late. The meals that were brought to us were simply fantastic and worth every penny! The beds were extremely comfortable and the bathrooms were well stocked and gorgeous! We slept great!!! The only snag on our stay was the breakfast offering in the morning. They charge $10 per person for the breakfast buffet. Honestly, for an adult and for what they were offering, it wasn't too much to complain about. However, we had our 3 little children with us, ages 4 and under. Guess what?! They are charged the same price per person as the adults!!!! So, although they were very happy to direct us somewhere else to eat breakfast, the wait caused my kids to get a bit cranky. I just wish they would have charged a decent charge for the kids. All in all though, I would give this hotel a 4 out of 5 rating. It really gave us a great experience, great service, and comfy accommodations! We are very impressed!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
hgifontana, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Christina,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking time to share your experience. I am very happy you enjoyed the hotel and service, the team and I appreciate your kind review. I am not sure if you are aware we do offer a breakfast rate that is discounted and children under 12 are free. We also have a selection of a la carte items from breakfast and apologize if this wasn't offered to you.

Thanks again for your feedback, we look forward to serving you and your family again when travel brings you to the area.

Rhonda Gharib

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is one of the better Hilton Garden Inns I have stayed in. Staff is friendly. Room was large and clean. Nice breakfast. Business center decently equipped with good internet connection. Fontana is a bit run down, but not this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business