“OMG! Love it!”

Hacienda Del Rio Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 284 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Welcome! For over 35 years, "The Hac" has brought great Mexican food and a fun atmosphere to Sutter Street in Historic Folsom.
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We'd canoed for an hour or so. Then biked on the American River Trail. Now we needed an outdoor patio to soak up more sun, drink, and eat. The Del Rio is the place. The service was excellent. We were there on a weekday around 2 P.M. The margarita special was like $3.95. I had a dash of Grand Marnier added for an extra buck fifty. Excellent. The lunch specials were $6.95 and large enough that we brought enough home for another lunch. This will be my spot whenever I'm in Folsom.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Our meal wasn't memorable, but it wasn't bad either. Our server was friendly and had a great sense of humor. I suppose we would go back, but we are still looking for a good Mexican food restaurant in Folsom.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

We went here the other day and had the best fajitas ever. The margaritas probably helped. They were good too. My wife and I love to sit out on the deck and people watch. This time it was a little too cold to sit outside.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

This is one of those rare times that I cannot highly recommend a restaurant. Although Hacienda has a very nice location with outstanding views and decent ambiance, the food is only so-so and I can't recommend them for great Mexican food. I don't want to sound too negative the food is ok, not terrible (kind of bland and greasy), but it's not great either. They do however have a very nice bar and night scene and a really cool balcony that overlooks old town Folsom on the corner of Sutter Street and Riley. If you go, have one or two or three of their margarita's and by that time it won't matter what you eat, it will taste ok. Give them a try and decide for yourself, everyone has different tastes and some folks like different kinds of Mexican food - spicy vs mild/bland etc so this place could really be well suited for some folks. In my opinion, reviews are helpful but the best way to determine if you like a place or not is to just go and give them a try. I highly recommend their margerittas, but its up to you to determine if you like their food or not, I don't and only go there when friends are in town that want to have a drink with a view in old town Folsom.

Reviewed September 24, 2009

I've been going here infrequently for over 20 years. Great margaritas, chips and salsa. Sit on the balcony, which overlooks historic Sutter Street. It's a great atmosphere. However, the food and the service both leave something to be desired. The food is a bit bland. The place, both outside (understandable) and inside, always seems to be somewhat dirty.