“Overpriced, but great w/ travel club” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Natoma Inn

Lake Natoma Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
San Diego
“Overpriced, but great w/ travel club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2006

If it weren't for my travel club's 50% rate, I would never have stayed here.

The staff was friendly, (except for the after midnight female receptionist who glared at us), and we got a quiet room as requested. However, this is not one of your slam dunk lodgings.

I've never been to Folsom, but I plan on returning (friends) and would probably not return to this Inn. The room is smallish, the carpets need replacing, and the prices on the menu are OK -- but only if your company is paying for it.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank SageTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
San Francisco, CA, US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2006

This hotel is probably the best in the vicinity. Some of the hotels in downtown Sacramento are probably nicer. However, if you want to stay in or near Folsom, the Lake Natoma Inn is a good option, I think.

The location is great. It's in the "historic downtown" of Folsom. One can easily walk to restaurants and shopping.

It's pretty good for a three-star property, I would say, but don't expect a luxury resort. (As far as I know, there isn't anything truly "luxury" anywhere in the Sacramento area.)

The employees are generally friendly, but I wouldn't call the service "polished."

If you're willing to spend the money, the larger suites are well worth it. They're about twice as large as a regular room, and they have wood-burning fireplaces.

• Stayed January 2006
3 Thank alvn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2005

Traveled for business and for the small amount of time I spend in a room, the price was great compared to the Mariott or Hilton. Free wireless in the rooms. Bar/restaurant on 1st floor.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2005

Great value for your money. Big rooms, very clean and affordable.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2005

From their website, I was expecting much more of a "resort" than what looks like a chain hotel that was re-flagged as an indie. While the rooms were comfortable enough, the housekeeping was mediocre. A filthy glass was left in the room and they save money by leaving the windows open and the A/C off until you turn it on. Now, anyone who's been to the central valley in summertime knows how hot it gets and it's pretty unpleasant to come in from a long day of travel/meetings and walk into a 100 degree room. I thought the staff was friendly and the amenities are kind of cool (sauna, putting green). But don't expect a view of the lake or a posh resort-style stay. It's just OK.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank awfulcat
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2005

The only thing Lake Natoma Inn has going for it is the location (in old-town Folsom). I made a reservation 2 months ahead on their website with a notation of late arrival. I called a week before the trip and was assured that late arrival would be no problem. When we got to the Inn at 6:30pm, we were told they had only one room available. I had requested two queen beds; this room had only one king and a pull-out sofa. We asked to see the room, which turned out to be a tiny box with a prison size window, and shabby furniture, but the worst of it was the urine and smoke smell. We told them this room was unacceptable and they told us that because they had one room available, and we were refusing it that they could not give us a credit. Sneaky policy. After much grumbling on our part, they agreed to "walk us" to Larkspur Landing, but refused to pay the difference in price. When I complained about this, I was told to write the Operations Manager, Joe Floriano, with my complaint. Starting our trip in this manner was really a disappointment and I wouldn't recommend Lake Natoma Inn to anyone. If you're going to Folsom - stay at Larkspur Landing.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Arroyo Grande
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2005

This elegantly comfortable hotel sits between the Natoma river and Old Towne Folsom (authentic old west). It has an indoor pool, sauna, good gym and nice walking paths as well as extensive biking trails nearby and all over the area. The service was excellent and although I did not use the coffee shop, I saw that the prices were very reasonable and there was also a nice bar. As you are near Old Towne there are a lot of other eating places within walking distance, also. Now, the two things that I loved the most - the view and the bed. The view on the backside of the hotel overlooks the beautiful Natoma River and I imagine the front view would overlook the Old Towne. The bed was heavenly; pillowtop mattress that felt like I was sleeping on down. I was upgraded to a deluxe King suite and it had a wood burning fireplace, huge jacuzzi tub in the sleeping area (very romantic) and a wall of windows to take in the whole view. The rates were extremely reasonable, probably as this is a "residence stay" type of town due to the businesses and this is just a wonderful old-fashioned hotel with only a refrig and a microwave. I highly recommend this hotel for the service, comfort, location and price.

5 Thank inthewind