“Asian Delight”

Good for: Large groups
Folsom, California
“Asian Delight”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Good service, great food. A nice variety to choose from. Atmosphere is very good. You can't beat their Banana Cream Pie! It's the best for a birthday dessert.

Visited March 2013

Ormond Beach, Florida
“They Don't Honor Reservations”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had been to this restaurant a few times, mostly for lunch. I had always considered it a decent place with average food that was over priced, however my last experience here wasn't good. My son who just turned 24 a few weeks ago picked this place for his birthday dinner. A week before the day we made reservations for the Saturday night dinner for 7PM for him, my wife and myself. When we got there right at 7 we told them we had reservations for 7 PM for 3 people and told them our name. They gave my wife one of those lighted buzzers and told her it would only be a few minutes. I thought that was strange, after all we had reservations. After a half hour of waiting and watching people without reservations who had also been waiting, being seated, I was told by one of the front desk gals that they didn't have a table for us. What? With that we left and went to Cattleman's for Prime Rib. This was a new experience for me. Never have I not been able to get a table with reservations. A new low in the food service industry. Congratulations Fats! Needless to say we won't be going there again. There are too many good restaurants around with good service to put up with that stuff.

• Visited March 2013
Sacramento, CA
“A long tradition of fine food continues!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I grew up knowing that Frank Fat's was the place all the politico types at the State of Cali government hung out at, and I also knew that it along with the Firehouse had a long legacy of fine food and atmosphere. So, recently my wife and I decided to try out the newer Fat place out in Folsom, Fat's Bistro. Excellent selection on the menu from starters to dessert. We chose a couple recommended appetizers that did not disappoint, and went with specials recommended by our very friendly and competent server. Even the beverage selection was excellent and a good value to boot. We generally stay close to home (downtown/midtown Sacatomato), but this venture out was definitely worth it.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank pnpontheroad
Sacramento, California
“If you have a good sense of taste and smell, simply don't go there”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I don't get it. Why people rate Fats Asia Bistro high? I’ve been there a few times. Each time it wasn't my choice. First of all, this place stinks - it smells like old house mixed with moth balls with a hint of stinky underwear. It makes me lose my appetite for food. Second, the food comes barely warm. Third, I've tried quite a few dishes there and would never order them again. All of them tasted pretty poor with any nuances in flavor and certainly were not worth the wait (45 minutes!) or the price. The only exception is Ahi Tuna Poke - not only edible, but tasty and because it is served cold the problem with dishes serving temperature disappears.

• Visited February 2013
“It's a long wait huh!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We came here for a special date because I heard it's a nice place but sadly we waited for 2 hours just to be seated. Then some food we ordered was so oily. I love dimsum but this one not so much too oily for me.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank mators

Been to Fat's Asia Bistro - Folsom? Share your experiences!