“Average food”

Dining options: Lunch, Buffet
El Dorado Hills, California
“Average food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

They have a large menu. Some of the dishes are awful - the description says that it contains coconut milk and the dish is cooked with cream!! The vegetarian dished are over cooked. The are mushy. The non veg is OK but nothing to write home about.

• Visited January 2014

California City, California
“The Best Indian Food in the Folsom Area”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have been going to Ruchi for quite a few years and usually do take-out. My two favorite dishes are the Lamb Vindaloo and the Chicken Makhani (aka butter chicken) I also get their samosas which come with this very tasty slightly spicy red chutney and the coriander chutney. They have the tamarind chutney too but I prefer savory over sweet. The dinner I picked up last night was the best I have ever had. The Chicken Makhani was flavorful and creamy and so satisfying. The vindaloo was rich and a bit spicy and perfect for a cool winter night. All entrées come with naan and white rice. I’ve tried other places in town and none are better in the Sacramento area. They have a buffet at lunch and most nights so if you are new to Indian food, the buffet is a great way to taste things and find the things you like.

• Visited December 2013
Folsom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible !!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This place is really terrible. Okay, the food is acceptable some days. However, many days they serve stale food. You can taste the age !!!! The management is extremely arrogant. The serving staff is nice. But the manager is an arrogant &^%*&^%. He treats you as if you are a hobo in a soup kitchen.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Paul S
Folsom, Ca
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cockroaches and fleas!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

COCKROACH on our plate when served, slow service, and DISHONEST people! Meal was supposed to be comped after the food was served with a roach on the plate, but yet the individual who TOLD us it was comped then took it upon himself to mark our Groupon as REDEEMED for payment on MY phone! Unbelievable. We went home nauseous, flea-bitten , and sorry we ever stepped foot in this place. I'm shocked!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank FolsomTraveler
Folsom, California
“Best Indian restaurant in Folsom”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Ruchi has the best Indian lunch buffet in Folsom. Their good has less heat than most other restaurants, but more flavor. The dal (common lentil side dish) was the best I've ever had - lots of flavor with less heat. I believe the chicken in the tikka masala is tandoori-cooked, so it's loaded with flavor even without the wonderful sauce. The two soups were absolutely wonderful, and the rice pudding dessert cooled everything off. The buffet had things I hadn't seen before. the price is a bargain. I'll be going back again and again.

• Visited July 2013