“Great place to eat if you are up for a night out, or celebrating”

Lotus 8 Asian Cuisine
Ranked #39 of 277 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We love this restaurant for celebrations or a night out. So here is the scoop, ask for Michael if you want to try something different that is not listed on the menu, something that is more authenic, or you want something specially made. Our favorites are the chun fun Singapore style! fish with green beans and black bean sauce or the pepper beef. We love the orange chicken which is made with a bit more vinegar than Chinese-American restaurants.
You can bring your own wine or buy wine. We have had family outings here and ordered a tasting menu. Family loved it.
Finally, the service is impeccable, very professional and attentive. Hive it a try.

3  Thank sr201753j9
There are newer reviews for Lotus 8 Asian Cuisine

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I had lunch at Lotus8 today. The service was fine and the owner visited each table -- a nice touch. Our main courses were excellent (lamb with ginger and scallions and Peking spare ribs). However, the soup and salad that were included with the lunch menu were lacking. The hot and sour soup was overly spiced and the mixed lettuce with dressing was not worth eating. I would go again and skip the included soup and salad.

2  Thank Wendy Z
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We used to go to another restaurant but the last few times the food has not been that good. Based on some feedback we decided to give this restaurant a try. Well it is now our place to go. We love their house Green Beans but next time we'll ask for a hotter version. The cuisine seems to be more Cantonese style with some hot dishes, but they are not the spicier Northern Chinese style. Ask for the "special" menu with a lot more selections to choose from. I was surprised to see some Hakka dishes in the special menu, I am going to give them a try next time around.

If you go for lunch beware of the parking, there are several restaurant and stores nearby and it can be a pain sometimes. Eat early or late to miss the parking problems.

4  Thank capun1950
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Lotus 8 is now my go to place for excellent Chinese food. After eating at the many Chinese restaurants throughout the Sacramento region, I feel that Lotus 8 is one of the best. With my experiences through many parts of Asia, Lotus 8 truly has authentic asian cuisine. I've been to Lotus 8 multiple times for lunch and dinner with my family. One of my favorite dishes is Orange Chicken, surprisingly, since I usually like more authentic dishes. On the more authentic side, I prefer the Japanese tofu. I don't think other Chinese restaurants will ever feel the same again to me. Lotus 8 is an extraordinary restaurant that I hope keeps up its outstanding quality and service.

5  Thank Shi Y
Reviewed December 26, 2013

On the way back to the Bay Area, we stopped at Folsom because we went to this place once when we visited our friends last time. The place was packed! We didn't make reservation so we were told we need to wait around 30 minutes. We decided to wait because it's hard to walk away with the smell of the food. Trust me! It's TOTALLY worth the wait! The sizzling beef and crab/salt & pepper are must-try. We also ordered crab/salt & pepper, spicy string bean. Everything is so so so GOOD! We will definitely go back again!

5  Thank Yi H

Been to Lotus 8 Asian Cuisine? Share your experiences!