“The BEST restaurant in the Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Granite Bay areas”
Review of Bidwell Street Bistro - CLOSED

Bidwell Street Bistro
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montrose Street
El Dorado Hills, California
“The BEST restaurant in the Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Granite Bay areas”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Owner Richard Righton and his superb staff know how to cook. This is great food, always prepared to perfection. Designed to be like a casual bistro, you'll see folks in suits and others in jeans and nice shirts for dinner. You're welcomed by a studied and experienced staff who know the food and wines that go best with it. The wine list is deep and surprising. The menu is French-California. The duck confit is to die for. All the soups are surprising. I once had an eyebrow-raising gazpacho with fresh melon balls in it that made me want to order three more bowls... fabulous.

Visited January 2013

Warsaw, Poland
“Very unequal experience.”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

They want to be best in town but does not work each time. I had a duck and was quite ok, my wife had salad with shrimps which were almost burned on grill. On second occasion food was much worse and my wife got stinky piece of salmon.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank mmisiek
Sacramento, California
“Disapointed”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I took my mom to lunch here because I've heard good things about this restaurant. Maybe the place looks romantic at night but in the daylight not so much. Cheap restaurant chairs and a baby changing station in a small one toilet restroom does not scream high roller to me! Mom had French Onion Soup which she said was rich and delicious and we both had the Portabela Mushroom Sandwich which had Zuccini on it. I didn't like the combo and I wouldn't order it again. I thought that the prices were reasonable and the service was very good.

Auburn, California
“incredible service and ambiance”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This bistro is definitely up scale but not so you can't afford it on special occasions. The service was the best I've ever had. The presentation of food was wonderful! I food was very good all tough my duck was too salty for me but tasted wonderful! If you are salt sensitive like I am make sure you request less salt and then it would be perfect. I will definitely go there for special evenings when I want to feel like I'm very pampered!

• Visited November 2012
Pollock Pines, California
“Hidden fees”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We ate here after a performance at 3 Stages because we had a $5.00 discount coupon on our 3 Stages ticket and we wanted to support Bidwell Street Bistro for supporting 3 Stages. It was a Friday evening and with the tables very close together it seemed crowded and noisy. The chowder and Caesar salad were very good. However, when we asked to split the chowder and salad the server said that would be fine but she did not inform us that there would be a $2.00 fee per entree to split them. She also did not inform us that there would be an additional fee for extra anchovies. So we did not actually get a $5.00 discount after all.

• Visited November 2012