“service is great, certain dishes, too...but not all”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #41 of 297 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

we go there periodically, mostly as couple, sometimes with family. bread and olive oil are a great touch. appetizers are good, food sometimes a bit salty if you are conscious of sodium intake. varied menu but sparse dessert choice. don't sit near the front on kitchen side! the noise is deafening but there are plenty of quieter seats. their background music is very nice, Italian classics! staff is professional for the most part. Trudy and family

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a great place for a family or a large group of co-workers to share an enjoyable meal. The food is consistently very good -- richly seasoned but not too spicy. If you like Italian food at reasonable prices with a delightful atmosphere, this is your place. The selections for lunch and dinner are varied and consistently high quality. It can be quite busy at times, so reservations might be in order if you desire peak times. The staff is friendly, helpful, and charming.

1  Thank BruinSeniorTraveler
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went in January for dinner with colleagues. They have a nice selection of food (both appetizers and main course). They get you warm bread with olive oil while you are waiting for the food. We had the fried calamari and a potato dish for appetizers and a crusted sole for the main course. The fish was slightly overdone for my liking but other than that the food was good. The service is also pretty good.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Both time I went to the Elk Grove location, it was horrible. I will not set foot in any Macaroni Grill ever again.
First time I went the food taste was very low grade. I could have gone to a discount grocer bought a store brand pasta, some Ragu and it would have tasted better. The house wine was the worst I ever had. It tasted like badly blended grape juice and alcohol.
Since the first time I went was close to their opening, I though I would give them another chance. This second time the spaghetti wasn't much better. My wife ordered a rib eye steak. It was mostly fat.
Like I said, I will never set foot in another Romano's Macaroni Grill.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have eaten here since it opened...twice in the past two weeks. do not understand the negative reviews of some people; Our waiter tonight was Johsua M., Very attentive, our choice for both of us was egg plant parmesan, which was abundant in size and excellent in taste and presentation, along with a very good mixed salad and the famous rosemary bread, with olive oil and balsamic . The prices are very reasonable, to which we added a delicious desert, and bar drinks for under $50.00 We will be back again soon !!!

Been to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!