“Horrible Service! Marginal Food !”
Review of Sushi Unlimited

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sushi Unlimited
Ranked #139 of 294 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was my first trip to this location; I have previously eaten at the Roseville location and found the service at that location to be efficient, friendly and the food good. Tonight I did NOT experience those things at the Folsom location. First, after being seated we were ignored for over 10 minutes before a waitress came up and took our drink order. No water was delivered to the table (at any time). After placing the order, the wait for the food was unreasonably long. It took nearly 45 minutes to get our entrees (we were told there was only 1 sushi chef working) so that was the reason for the delay. I watched another family get up and walk out with the woman telling the hostess they waited 20 minutes with NO server coming to their table. What a JOKE! Food (I ordered Salmon Teriyaki) was nothing to write home about - just average fish, portions were somewhat small for the price. In any event, I did not expect this experience tonight at this restaurant. They were clearly understaffed on this evening and not prepared to provide good service to the guests.

1  Thank Craig W

Reviewed October 20, 2013

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER - This has to be my worst restaurant experience ever. I used to own a restaurant so I am normally pretty forgiving but the Folsom Sushi Unlimited employees are all idiots and also don't know the law. Ok, so I order two 50% off rolls which is on their regular menu while my wife ordered soup. I placed our expired Groupon (coupon) on the table when we ordered which by law should be treated as cash for the original amount I paid for it...in this case I paid $15.00. They said in order to use the coupon I had to spend at least $15.00 non-discounted menu items. My wife’s soup totaled about $13 so we were short according to them. We needed to order more regular priced food. Ok, that was their first mistake. Since the coupon by law should have been considered cash they should have accepted the coupon as payment whether or not I ordered from the 50% off portion of the menu. I could understand their logic even though it was incorrect and illegal, but I went along with it. So, per their request I ordered more food. I ordered a salmon skin roll in addition to what we already ordered. Then they came back to me and said that we needed to order $30.00 worth of food to use the Groupon now worth only $15. I told them that we could not possible eat more food so I refused to order even more food beyond what we already ordered (soup, two rolls, and a salmon skin hand roll). I once again explained that the original Groupon worth $30 - now worth $15 by law should be considered cash and that they could not legally require me to order more food to reach the $30 mark. They called the manager at home and we waited. Later they came back to the table and apologized for the misunderstanding. My wife's soup came and the waitress left. Then a waiter delivered my salmon skin roll. And then we waited, and waited. Finally I asked for the rest of my order - the two 50% off rolls. The waiter said, "Oh you still wanted that?" That was it; I had had enough. I asked for the bill. On the way out I tried to explain what happened to a person we thought was in charge. Our mistake. Not only did she deny all responsibility stating that she was not the owner, on the way out she flippantly said "Have a nice day” so loudly that we could hear her outside. It was quite clear she was being sarcastic. Obviously we will NEVER go back!

4  Thank GJM333
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I love sushi and Japanese food in general. Wherever I go I usually look for a sushi place to check out. I've been to the one in Davis which was ok. This location is more convenient for me and it's not crowded with college kids.

This place is pretty dead on a weekday, but people were coming in for their happy hour and the half off rolls special. For some reason, the service is super slow. Why is it so slow where there were only 3 tables? However, the food was pretty good or maybe we were just really hungry. We ordered 3 rolls and even though they were different they all looked the same. Sam sauce and toppings. The insides were different though. The bento boxes are way overpriced. I wouldn't come here unless it was for the half off rolls.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I both love sushi and sashimi. We have tried several places over the years and have become spoiled by Sushi Unlimited. It has become the standard that we use to judge all other places. The staff here is always friendly. We typically sit at the counter but have also sat at a table. The service is equally good. We prefer to sit at the counter and to let the chef suprise us with different items. Everything we have ever eaten here has been wonderful. We typically order rolls and sashimi. You can't beat the portion sizes compared to other places.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We ordered 4 rolls and deep fried gyoza for $36. The sauce for the gyoza is really good. The best roll we got was called Lincoln Hills, and our second favorite was the crunchy johnny. I would not recommend the garlic delite. The garlic was so crisped up it no longer tasted like garlic. The new california roll is an average california roll but deep fried in a light coating.

Been to Sushi Unlimited? Share your experiences!