“how do they stay open?”
Review of Blue Nami

Blue Nami
Ranked #110 of 277 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 15, 2014

the food is horrible! we did not even finish the meal. their regular customers must not be able to tell the difference between good and bad food. Oh the Horror.

1  Thank William F
There are newer reviews for Blue Nami

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We visited Blue Nami when it first opened in the Palladio and we were extremely disappointed. Service was slow and the food was cold upon arrival. We gave it a second chance this week and our second experience was identical to the first. We arrived at 5:30 before the dinner "rush." We waited a long time for service, the waitress was rushing around and when our food finally arrived - it was COLD. We ordered teriyaki chicken, in addition to sushi. I also ordered a roll which never arrived. Needless to say, we won't return. We'll continue to eat at Mikuni versus Blue Nami and have no desire to return to Blue Nami in Folsom again. Very disappointing experience overall.

1  Thank RandV10
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This place always has great food and great presentation, not to mention their prices are pretty damn decent. The only thing I would change is a few visits the service was quite terrible, turned us off for a few months, but recently seems that things are looking up...

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We live in Folsom and have a six-year-old Ikura lover.
We've become regulars at Blue Nami, eating here once or twice a week.
Since moving here a year ago, we've tried over different sushi places, and have been disappointed over and over again. Blue Nami is the only place in Folsom we will consider going to. Still, it is different than what we are used to but the flavors are interesting which is the most important to us. Unfortunatelly sashimi is not their strength but they have a decent Nabeyaki Udon with shrimp& vegetables tempura (big enough for two people), tasty cucumber salad and of course Ikura served as my kid likes in soya wrap. The prices are adequate for quality. The decor is unfortunate but constantly improving.Blue Name also falls short in service. We've never had horrible treatment, but rarely does the service rate more than 'pleasant'. One thing that I would change immediately is the check-in girl. She is always huffy, sulky and simply unfriendly. Her attitude makes me want to leave and not come back.

2  Thank Sonia_Bers
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have dined at the Blue Nami in Orangevale and excited to see that they opened a much larger restaurant at the Palladio in Folsom. This was a an early Saturday evening pre-theater meal so we elected to dine early. Thank goodness we arrived before 5:30 because the place reallystarts to get packed soon with the theaters nearby. We were immediately seated and service was great. The menu is expanded with some 1/2 price regular rolls and inovative house rolls. We ordered some tempura that consisted of 2 shrimp and a mixture of vegetables. It wasn't too greasy and more than enough for 2 people. We were delivered a large bowl of cucumber salad along with a plate of steamed broccoli with a fabulous sauce. The hamachi nigiri was moderately priced and fresh. They will customize any of their rolls. My husband had a chef's roll and with crab. I opted for a specialty house roll, the E-File. I like my food spicy and this met the bill. The server also brought extra of their house hot sauce for me to put on my tempura. Parking near the restaurant can be iffy, so I suggest using one of the nearby parking garages. Before eating or after depending on the hour, the Palladio offers a 16-theater cinema, great retails shopping, etc. to walk off or prep for the meal. Enjoy!

Been to Blue Nami? Share your experiences!