“Getting Better and Better”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Early Toast

Early Toast
Ranked #130 of 267 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Folsom, California, United States
“Getting Better and Better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

While Early Toast seems a little spendy (~$40 for breakfast for 2 kids and 2 adults), the food is very good and the service has definitely improved over the past few years. Early toast is a regular breakfast spot for us and will continue to be. Haven't had lunch or dinner there...yet.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Robert T

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Nice spot for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you're tired of chain restaurants for breakfast, this is a nice spot. A little crowded, but the service was great. Eggs benedict was pretty good (not the best, but I'm very picky!!) Prices were good and portions plenty!!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank gina7167
el dorado hills, ca 95762
“Great breakfast place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

We frequent this place for breakfast and like the variations on the menu. The lox and bagel breakfast is very attractive and very tasty

Visited December 2012
1 Thank spikeg2
Sacramento, California
“Good Food + Bad Service = Bad Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I have eaten breakfast regularly on the weekends since it opened. The service was sketchy from the start, and sometimes in the early days it seemed like it should have been called "Burnt Toast" but they have managed to improve both the quality and menu selection over the years. However, I don't think they "get" service. They have a tendency to cram you in together, which is forgivable, but somewhat uncomfortable.

It's when you arrive for breakfast, put your name on the wait list, and then have people who walked up 10 minutes after you be seated first, that I get frustrated. We were a party of two, and they were a party of six. Another party of four was waiting as well. They seated the 6 in the "big" booth.

When I asked for an explanation, I was told that they keep that table open for larger parties. So am doing the math. Seat me once on time and I will come back. Seat someone ahead of me and don't bother to let me know why, and I will never come back. Hope that party of 6 ate a whole bunch. Since this was obviously policy, I assume that the management doesn't care if it angers its customers.

• Visited September 2012