“Great breakfast place”
Review of Early Toast - CLOSED

Early Toast
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located in the Heart of Folsom at the Raley shopping complex. Mimosa offers its award winning breakfast and lunch, great champagne list and of course Mimosa! Not just one but 50 different flavors. So come for the food stay for the Mimosa!
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We frequent this place for breakfast and like the variations on the menu. The lox and bagel breakfast is very attractive and very tasty

1  Thank spikeg2

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I have eaten breakfast regularly on the weekends since it opened. The service was sketchy from the start, and sometimes in the early days it seemed like it should have been called "Burnt Toast" but they have managed to improve both the quality and menu selection over the years. However, I don't think they "get" service. They have a tendency to cram you in together, which is forgivable, but somewhat uncomfortable.

It's when you arrive for breakfast, put your name on the wait list, and then have people who walked up 10 minutes after you be seated first, that I get frustrated. We were a party of two, and they were a party of six. Another party of four was waiting as well. They seated the 6 in the "big" booth.

When I asked for an explanation, I was told that they keep that table open for larger parties. So am doing the math. Seat me once on time and I will come back. Seat someone ahead of me and don't bother to let me know why, and I will never come back. Hope that party of 6 ate a whole bunch. Since this was obviously policy, I assume that the management doesn't care if it angers its customers.

1  Thank Krebsbach