“Superior to most breakfast chains”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #42 of 294 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Although this place is not quite the "french bistro" they market and aspire to, their decor and menu is more sophisticated than other familiar breakfast haunts (IHOP, Perkins, etc.). We had a late brunch on a Sunday morning and were seated fairly promptly (once the hostess finally discovered there was a large group of people waiting in the lobby). I appreciated the lighter-fare options (I ordered the egg whites frittata with asparagus, tomatoes and feta) and the baked goods (muffin and cinnamon brioche french toast) were pretty fresh and well-made for mass-produced items. While it's certainly a far cry from breakfast in a Parisian cafe, I would choose this place for a quick brunch again.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was the first experience of this chain of outlets & whilst acceptable was nothing to get excited about. The food was ok with nothing to complain about but somehow left us feeling it had something missing.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We mainly breakfast here a lot, using this place as a family gathering place when we visit relatives. The food is reliably good (lemon poppy seed pancakes, yum!). But importantly to us, the staff in gracious and helpful, snd thry know our relatives by name and treat them like family. The last visit we had (August 2013) our waitress went wove and beyond in the special care and attention to our elderly relatives department. This special treatment given to my family makes it feel like a small town restaurant rather than a chain restaurant. We don't get this treatment at other Mimi's, so know the staff here is special.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

having eaten in a Mimi's in the midwest I was prepared to really enjoy this dinner with family. Unfortunately the chicken maderia dish was so bad I had to send it back. The chicken was extremely tough and the sauce, which should be the highlight of this dish, was essentially just brown gravy....! The pasta dish I ordered to replace that was unmemorable. I am sure there must be some terrific dinners on their amazingly broad menu...but my two choices were not them.
One must wonder how such a huge variety of dishes can all be prepared well...?

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Mimi's is a great restaurant chain with a wide enough menu to please everyone. Their prices are very good now and many specials are always offered. Sign up for their Mimi's Club (not sure of its name) and enjoy extra specials for you and your family by e-mail. I can't stress enough the range of dining options they have and that they have killer muffins and bread.

We dine there for breakfast, lunch or dinner, not every day of course, but every meal anytime of the day is great. Our service level at Mimi's have always been very good. And we like that fact that while their portions are adequate for most all adults, they have made them a size that hopefully won't make you too big for their booths on your return visit. That may have something to do with their reasonable prices also!

Been to Mimi's Cafe? Share your experiences!