“Perfect Stay”

Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Our basketball club stayed in Folsom for a national tournament this summer, June 2014. We had 3 teams of kids and their parents. The Residence Inn was the perfect place to stay. The rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. We loved having the full kitchens. The staff let us feed our large group dinner and lunch in the main level dining area when it wasnt being used. Lots of options for dining in the area. Staff was very helpful and courteous. The pit fire was enjoyed by parents at night and the kids loved the outdoor bball court and the indoor pool. No complaints here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Garen Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The Residence Inn in Folsom impressed with the very comfortable and spacious room. The location of the hotel is very quiet even though it is adjacent to a busy highway from where the hotel is in easy reach.

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor are very convenient and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Garen Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom was enjoyable.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent one night here during our family vacation. Part of our group arrived a day earlier and was placed in a room that faced the freeway but requested a change of rooms due to the noise. Our room was OK. I have requested the "suite" since there was 5 of us. The bed was comfortable, the room seem clean but the AC was noisy. I did like the size of the room. The breakfast in the morning was mediocre. My idea of fresh fruit is not fruit from a can served in a bowl...

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding you last visit. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom was enjoyable.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have stayed at quite a few residence inn's in my day and i must say this one is by far the best of the best. I had to stay here for two weeks and it sure was a "home away from home". The front desk at check in was very friendly and accomodating. They gave me a map of the area to show me the best places to eat and some activities to do. The best thing in my opinion would be the free breakfast (every morning) and the free dinners (mon-wed). The breakfast has eggs, sausage, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, and waffles. And the dinners were better than i anticipated. One night we had lasagna, one night there was BBQd chicken and hamburgers, and lisa the lady who managed the dinner was so friendly. The pool also has an indoor pool and spa which was very cool. Even better was their fire pit with a BBQ that the guests could use (i used it a couple times). I also had a couple of run ins with the manager and assistant manager and they were both awesome! They made sure to take the time to have a conversation with me as i was passing by, which i felt was much more peronable than the simple smile you get at most hotels. Overall i give this place an A+, i would definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was in Folsom for a month for business. I don't normally stay at Marriotts but I chose this hotel because it had a full kitchen. When I first checked in I noticed some things that weren't very clean such as dust on the vent intakes, so much it was flying up like cobb webs. I just passed it off. By the first weekend (I checked in on the previous Sunday), I could tell that my room was not being cleaned. I had them come in for cleaning every other day. My bathroom sink was clearly not being cleaned because I dropped some powder in it and it was still there day after day. I asked the front desk if there was something I needed to know about the cleaning days and they said no. Finally the following Wednesday the bathrrom sink was cleaned. However, at this point I could tell the carpet and linoleum in the kitchen were not being cleaned. By the next weekend there was mold growing in the toilet... when it was finally cleaned. I checked out a week early and moved to a different hotel that I knew would be clean. I was very disappointed that I stayed there for any time at all. I plan to never stay at another Residence Inn. The two redeeming things were the staff who were very nice and it is located in walking distance to many restaurants and a new mall.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tonya S

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We have researched your issue and have resolved it with our staff. I have shared your message appropriately with my entire staff.

Thanks again for letting us know,

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We love Marriott properties and try to stay at them most of the time. This Residence Inn was well located near restaurants and shopping. We were worried about road noise but the only noise was from within. Thin walls, so much so that we could hear the conversation in the room next door or the barking dog down the hallway. Disappointing for a Marriott. Customer service from the front desk was excellent allowing for an early check in and bags of ice for our cool chest. Breakfast was average. Unfortunately the woman keeping the food stocked was not very friendly. Don't dare mention you would like an item where the serving tray was sitting empty. Maybe she could use a little help. Again disappointing for a Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WunderWoman318

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. . We take these comments very seriously and a hotel that accepts pet sometimes you have unhappy pets. We make sure that we get every owners phone numbers so that if we get a complaint from another guests we can call them and have the situation taken care of immediately. I'm sorry that we didn't get this cleared up faster.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We just completed a 4 night stay for our rowing team at the Folsom Residence Inn and all 21 families couldn't have been happier! The rooms worked well, the location couldn't have been better and the staff was outstanding. Adam, Negar, Alicia and Rhiannon (under the guidance of Manager Richard and GM Garen) couldn't have been more pleasant to work with! Lisa, who handled our breakfast and evening snacks was also outstanding. We had our children, who are high school athletes, with us and they can eat like there is no tomorrow and Lisa made sure there was never an empty serving tray- not an easy task when our kids ate. There were also other rowing teams there as well, so she had her work cut out for her. Always a smile and a wish of good luck for our kids! We seemed to take control of the fire pit most days, as well as the indoor pool and the sports court- all fun for kids who had lots of time to kill between races. The location was perfect- a Whole Foods across the street, as well as many fun restaurants and a theater with 16 screens! REI, Best Buy, etc.- left something home, no worries here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business