“Home Away From Home”

Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2004

We travel quite a bit to Folsom to visit relatives. The Residence Inn has become our home away from home. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The breakfast is the best! The rooms are always clean and spacious! All rooms have a mini kitchen with fridge & microwave..even a dishwasher! The staff will even go to the grocery store for you at no extra charge! Just pay actual grocery charges. Hotel prices are good for the value that you get. I would never think of staying anywhere else!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2003

My business partner and I stayed at the Residence Inn in Folsom California this week and had the worst experience of my life. The Assistant General manager, Bill Procknow, treated us very poorly. There was a mix up on our reservations and we were checked out one day early. When we got back to the hotel after working all day, we were basically kicked out without a place to stay. Bill Procknow refused to assist us with finding other lodging arrangements, and was rude and threatening. When my partner and I tried to work it out with him, he became angry and threatened to call the local police to have us removed from the property. The two front office clerks finally saw that their supervisor was treating us badly and got on the phone and found us other arrangements. Bill Procknow demonstrated how not to treat a professional business person. If you desire no-hassle travel, do not patronize the Residence Inn in Folsom, California.

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2003

While on buisness in Sacramento, I was staying at the Residence Inn in Fulsom, and had the unfortunate luck of having to deal with Bill Procknow (in my opinion the worst assistant general manager in the entire service industry). My reservations were wrong, and when i went to the hotel staff with my problem they were extremely helpful, and corrected the error. Upon returning in the afternoon i found myself to be locked out of my room. I contacted Mr. Procknow who gave me 2 options to take a smoking room , or have the police called when I was escorted from the property. A minimal attempt was made at finding other accomidations (1 call to another Marriott property). Mr Procknow stated he attempted to call me in Riverside (though I was in sacramento) to correct this problem, which he did NOT do. He has soured me to the residence inn brand. While the rest of the Fulsom staff went out of thier way to help, Bill Brocknow was confrontational and rude from the begining. I do not reccomend this hotel.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member