“Best Mexican Food in Folsom”

El Pueblo Cocina Mexicana
Ranked #191 of 277 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Made Fresh daily with ingredients from local farms and ranches. We enjoy healthy eating and hope to see you soon..!
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The restaurant is a bit funky, i.e. the decor is very simply. However the food is very good and was better than expected. I had the enchilada chicken chipotle suissa and simply loved this dish. You have a choice of several salsas but have to ask for the hottest version. There were three or so Mexican beers on tap and the price for a picture was fairly priced. The service was also quite good and friendly. I will visit here again.

Mark F, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Cocina Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2014

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Patio seating, bar and indoor seating. Fantastic Warm Black Bean Dip and the chips and salsa are good also. The Enchilada's could use a little more kick in the sauce for my taste but they are full of gooey cheese. I like the Tacos also but have had better. The large patio dining is a big plus for our visits to this Restaurant and the Cadilac Margarita was Delish!!

1  Thank BJYO

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My daughter and I had lunch on our first visit to El Pueblo and enjoyed both of our meals and hors d'ouvre. One of my favorite dishes, the tamales were, in my opinion, perfect, not too much masa and the meat was very well seasoned; the chile relleno was also very tasty and not overly battered. The three cheese with jalapeno hors d'ouvre was plentiful and tasty. My daughter had the chipotle enchiladas which were also very well seasoned. The salsa was spicy, the staff was very attentive and helpful! They sell their tamales by the dozen and I will definitely purchase some; I'm looking forward to a return visit soon!