“Great food, service.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Haddon Avenue
Transit: Patco Speedline- a few blocks away.
Description: Land Ocean, or "LO", is our version of a place for great food with a comfortable atmosphere for lunch or dinner, at a reasonable price point. Land Ocean is the best of the Land and the Sea. Our culinary team has crafted a menu evoking the taste of the American palate featuring hand cut steaks, a wood fired rotisserie, and fresh seafood. The setting at LO is warm and casual. Comfortable booths wrap around the restaurant encasing a vibrant bar in the center. The bar glows with a wall of candles and lighted wine cabinets. Beautiful copper globes float above the bar highlighting the premium liquor selection. Join us for lunch or dinner, 7 days week, and children are always welcome at LO. Land Ocean is the second restaurant by Mark and Karoline Platt, also the owners of Sienna Restaurant in El Dorado Hills, and long time Folsom residents.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our third time to this restaurant, but the first for dinner. Previously we came for the happy hour, which is worth a visit in itself. Dinner was also very good. My wife had the lobster and I had the filet mignon and we split the banana cream pie for desert. The meal was excellent. The steak was grilled perfectly and the lobster was sweet. The scallop potatoes (with the steak) and the rice cooked in coconut milk were both very good. The broccoli was lightly grilled, which gave it a great smoky taste. Finally, the desert was a perfect pick to split. Overall, this restaurant is an affordable version of Ruth Cris. If I had received this meal at Ruth Cris, I wouldn't have known the difference.
The service was excellent and, for the price, I give this place a very high rating.

1  Thank Mikeandcris
There are newer reviews for Land Ocean New American Grill

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Unfortunately, there isn't a button between Average and Very Good. We went by for dinner on a Saturday night and were somewhat underwhelmed. The food was good. I had the low cal special, a grilled dorado. The fish was a little overcooked but still OK. The mushroom vegetable mix that came with the fish was great. My wife ordered another fish dish that she put in the same category.
I guess that I'm a little old for the ambience. The lighting was very low and I felt a little ridiculous using my cell phone to read the menu until I noticed the same thing happening across the restaurant.
The staff was very nice and attentive and got the orders mostly right.
The final bill, including a pre-dinner cocktail and a glass of wine with dinner, would have been fine for a really excellent restaurant but was certainly over priced for what was delivered. All in all, better than average but not "very good".

Reviewed September 25, 2013

First, we were a larger group, and the service was excellent. We had specialty cocktails that were great, appetizers that had a unique flair, and the special dish of the evening, that was also very low cal. All of the food was prepared perfectly, the timing of the meal was good and the wait staff was friendly and welcoming. There are a lot of places in Folsom to eat that are highly rated, but, I do believe that this is my new favorite. Fresh food, new ideas, you can expect something new and different.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We decided to try happy hours around Folsom. This happy offered several small bites at different prices. We especially enjoyed the tenderloin wellington. They also had a nice selection of specialty martinis. We liked the pomegranate which was sort of like a Cosmo. The bartender was very accommodating and engaging.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Enjoyed lunch with friends - fish and chips were very good, friends enjoyed ahi salad and cedar plank salmon with rice. Great presentation, reasonable prices and very good service.