“I'm a fan”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Haddon Avenue
Transit: Patco Speedline- a few blocks away.
Description: Land Ocean, or "LO", is our version of a place for great food with a comfortable atmosphere for lunch or dinner, at a reasonable price point. Land Ocean is the best of the Land and the Sea. Our culinary team has crafted a menu evoking the taste of the American palate featuring hand cut steaks, a wood fired rotisserie, and fresh seafood. The setting at LO is warm and casual. Comfortable booths wrap around the restaurant encasing a vibrant bar in the center. The bar glows with a wall of candles and lighted wine cabinets. Beautiful copper globes float above the bar highlighting the premium liquor selection. Join us for lunch or dinner, 7 days week, and children are always welcome at LO. Land Ocean is the second restaurant by Mark and Karoline Platt, also the owners of Sienna Restaurant in El Dorado Hills, and long time Folsom residents.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I really like this place. I like the ambiance and I like the menu. The only thing I've had that I would not order again are the au gratin potatoes. They have enough salt in them to fill an ocean and, in my view, are really not even edible. Appetizers are very good. Service is usually very good. Food has always been very good....except for those potatoes.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Went to Easter brunch. I had steak salad with noodles and mango. Very good. My wife had a chicken salad with asparagus in it. She really enjoyed it. Our daughter had a Kobe burger with cheeses and fries. Again it was good. Our son in law had crab cake and tenderloin Benedict. He also enjoyed it. We had bloody Mary's to start. Just enough spice.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I ate there last evening with a friend and we really enjoyed the selection of food and beverages.

First, the interior is quite lovely, with a very modern but warm feel. We arrived in time to enjoy the Happy Hour and while my dining companion was craving a filet, I enjoyed a selection of the happy hour appetizers. It was just perfect.

My mojito was quite tasty, and the highlight dish was the grilled artichoke. I also had the shrimp cocktail, grilled asparagus and the wellington. We will return soon for a deeper dive into the menu.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went here last night for dinner before going to Three Stages for a show. Our server was a somewhat bright spot since she always had a smile. She even smiled when a smile wasn't appropriate. Speaking of bright spots, the light over our table was not working. The manager said that even she tried to fix it but couldn't. Isn't that what the maintenance team is for?
For an appy, we had the crab cakes. Not bad. Entrees consisted of Lamb for one of us and Steak and Lobster for the other. The lamb came out so overcooked, it was sent back. During the time that the lamb was being prepared again, my steak and lobster just sat there waiting and waiting and waiting. I ate it but it should have been taken away from me and either kept warm in the kitchen or re-prepared while waiting for the lamb to come back out. To their credit, the lamb was great when it made it's way back to the table. We've always liked LO but this trip was a big letdown. For the money, we expect more.

2  Thank MikeandJim
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The wine list contained a great mix of Californian, Washington, French and a few South American wines. The food was also tasty and presented with just enough creativity without being too strange. The modern decor and dimmed lighting make this a great place for a quieter dinner out. The menu is pricier than other area restaurants but is also one of the only sophisticated dining options in the immediate area.