“Surprise in Strip Mall”

Ranked #196 of 275 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sergio's Steak & Seafood is Chef Sergio Mirabelli's newest restaurant. His cuisine is Traditional Italian with accent on rustic meats and seafoods in addition to pasta, of course! In business since 1995, he now brings his newest location to Folsom, Ca.
Lecanto, Florida
“Surprise in Strip Mall”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My daughter and her husband decided to take us here to celebrate my wife's birthday, and we were pleasantly surprised. We were immediately greeted at the front door and led to a booth to accommodate our family to include 3 boys. There was a very good selection to include a children's menu. The waiter also told us of a number of specials. He also poured samples of wine for our selection. The soup was excellent and there was adequate time before our meal was served. The waiter attended to our needs and we were not the least bit rushed. In addition he gave each of the boys a gift near the end of the meal, which was quite thoughtful.
We look forward to returning on our next trip out here from our home in Florida.

• Visited June 2014

Sacramento, California
“VERY GOOD PLACE FOR FOLSOM”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I've read quite a few reviews talking about how "bland" the food here is, and it makes me wonder of these people have ever been to an authentic Italian restaurant. If you're used to overly-seasoned American food, then almost any authentic restaurant probably isn't going to taste good to you.

I went here with my wife and a friend earlier this evening, and experienced some of the best service I've ever seen. Nick was an absolute joy, and my wife couldn't stop talking about how cute and polite he was. A real gentlemen. It may look crappy on the outside, but it's quite classy on the inside.

The food was delicious for the most part, and while it's highly priced, it's expected from this kind of restaurant. I would highly recommend the Salmon in orange sauce if you're looking for something light and healthy. It's not overly seasoned, so you can still taste perfectly cooked salmon through the tart orange sauce. My friend got the gnocchi with an absolutely delicious gorgonzola cream sauce. In fact, you can get any number of sauces on your pasta if you ask.

The only item I found that was a bit lacking was the potatoes that came with my meal. But again, they were simply seasoned, like my vegetables. The ginger carrot soup also could have used a bit more ginger, but it was still tasty.

We tried three different desserts. The chocolate tiramisu was great, the caramel custard was a bit too sweet, and the bread pudding was quite good, considering I'm not a big fan of bread pudding.

In summary the experience was very pleasant, and the food was hot, fresh, and well seasoned for the most part. The service was superb, and I will absolute take the trip back some time in the future.

• Visited May 2014
el dorado hills, ca
“fantastic place in a strip mall”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

we had a groupon for Sergio's Steak and Seafood. we were a little tentative, as it looks a little rundown from the outside. once inside, what a difference!! the atmosphere was very good, the food was absolutely fantastic. it is worth the money. we each ordered something different, and not one of us had anything but rave reviews on the food. fantastic!
waitstaff was excellent as well. very, very attentive.

Visited March 2014
Elk Grove, California, United States
“It was horrible this time; loved it before; won't go back!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This was a big night for my inlaws as it was their choice for a special Christmas with us, as Sergios was one of their favorites. We don't know WHAT HAPPENED! Did they get a new cook? Oh my gosh! The Lamb good, the seafood platter ok, but the chicken and veal parmigiana was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!! had the weirdest sauce, a bitter tomato pasty taste, couldn't taste the meat at all, and the meat was soooooooo thin....I dared not say a word until my mother in law said "this is terrible" then I was free to agree!!!!!!!!!!! The sauce...so consuming...was sooo bad..that my husband, who had the lamb, and NEVER complains.....finally said "yeah, this sauce is bad." Soup and salad good, but waiter NEVER came back to ask us how our meal was. Very strange, very bad. Won't go back cuz they never cared to ask us about the meal. Super super disappointing, and so expensive! Ridiculous!

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Lauren M
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very good food & service”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Six for dinner and we all enjoyed our dinner. The boar osso bucco was tender and not gamey at all. Lamb shanks falling off the bone, chicken parm, all good choices. Our waiter was Italiani and delightful. The atmosphere is old school Italian, warm and inviting. Our friends had been there before and loved it just as much. Another real nice thing is that we took our own wine for a $15 corkage fee. We will go back on our next visit.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Peggy A

Been to Sergio's Steak & Seafood? Share your experiences!