“Great Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Folsom
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Wonderful stay and close to the shopping areas Costco and Sams and Steinmart! Area around the hotel was very clean and new. Great place to stay with family and friends passing through or checking out the Folsom and Placerville areas.

1  Thank Raphael N
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Folsom

Reviewed November 19, 2013

excellent hotel for staying. Good for family or with friends, business, couples. lots parking space, lighting is very well in the lot. excellent breakfast, near Costco, and gas station, fast food places and free way W 80 E 80 W 50 E 50, very good location going every where.

1  Thank Lisa L
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great place to stay. I enjoy the stay. I always look for a Hampton Inn because they are always good places to stay. I have stayed at several hampton , and I have never disappointed.The staff are always friendly and do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable. The breakfast is usually pretty good for free hotel breakfast. Basicially you get what you pay for. I recently had breakfast at one Hampton and to my surprise they had turkey sauage. I was impress with that. Most free breakfast do not include that option. Good option for beacon eaters like myself.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My parents live in the Folsom area, and we usually stay there unless there are too many other overnight guests, in which case we need a place nearby to crash. You won't find a lot of frills here--basic furnishings and decor-- but the place is up to date, clean, comfortable and quiet. It's a good value for a family of 5. The rooms are spacious. The breakfast area is a little small and was pretty crowded and noisy on a Sunday morning, but the food was fine--again, basic breakfast fare but tasty enough and a good range of choices. The staff was courteous and friendly and checking in and out was fast and easy. It's located by the freeway, not centrally, which is something to note. Only complaint is that I lost the coin toss and got stuck sleeping on the fold out couch, which was very uncomfortable.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great hotel. Very new, so everything is still in great shape. Staff is super friendly and attentive. However, the beds are VERY firm. They have a really nice indoor pool, that we did not get a chance to go to. Great location too. Starbucks is right across the parking lot, and an In & Out is just another few steps away.

1  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very happy with my stay at the hotel. The hotel staff was very helpful. Beds were extremely comfortable. The room was very clean and nice. Loved the pool and spa. Great location everything was close by and right next to the freeway. Hot breakfast is the morning was good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lori L
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was choosing between several good hotels in Folsom. This hotel offered the lowest rate and I was in doubt, but reviews on Tripadvisor tempted me to stay here. To my surprise this hotel was really good. That’s why I’m giving it very good mark. Let me explain why.

This hotel is well situated near roads which can lead you to all possible points of interests in Folsom. However on the other hand, I would not call this place picturesque either: only roads and intersections everywhere.

I was amiably met and got a couple of key cards. Having learnt that I’m a traveler from Europe the receptionist prompted that cafes with Ukrainian and Russian cuisines exist in Folsom.
The room’s door had internal lock and door limiter that cannot be opened from outside, everything as I like to feel safe in the room.

Based on my preferences I got a room on the second floor. The room was equipped with wide screen TV, fridge, and microwave oven. Air conditioner and heater also existed, it blew air up to the ceiling and operated from a remote on the wall which was quite convenient. The A/C worked pretty silently, I was able to sleep while A/C was switched on.

The fridge, to the contrary, generated rather noticeable sound and disturbed me in the night. But since I didn't store anything there, I merely switched the fridge off. That’s it, very effective solution.

Proximity of roads didn’t affect quality of sleep. Although the room's window was facing roads, noise of traffic was not audible, comparing to other hotels I stayed during my trip.

To my happiness the room had a coffee-making machine. It was also able to boil water for tea without usual smell of stale coffee that greatly doubled my happiness. You know, I’m a “tea addict”: after long trips I feel dehydrated and body needs water or preferably tea. To my pity I had very few complimentary tea bags but I obtained the missing tea bags in a tea corner on lobby.
The coffee machine came with lots of disposable paper cups; and every day new paper cups were added. Interesting fact, but the coffee machine was in the bathroom, not on the coffee table in the room like it is supposed to be in all hotels.

I found a notable convenience about the bathroom: light switches on automatically as you enter, a motion sensor was way too handy. I don’t know why I have not seen this in other hotels so far. That’s why it was strange that light in the room was not operated from central location, e.g. from the room entrance and from bedside.

The showerhead was amazing, it could be adjusted to several powerful spray settings; such massage was perfect for washing away tension and stress.
Toiletries were not bad in general and quite decent, but I’ve seen better choices in other hotels. Hair dryer was pretty standard, hanging on the wall and did its job well.
Two big beds were in my room. I chose one, slept well and woke rested. Three soft pillows contributed to my comfort.

Internet was available and free for guests, my laptop and tablet managed to connect to the network. However on the 2nd floor WiFi meter sensed maximum two strength levels out of four. Also twice a day I had to confirm that I was still a guest of the hotel, what was somewhat irritating.

The wardrobe in the room had sufficient amount of hangers for clothes, an iron and ironing board were also in the wardrobe. But safe box didn’t exist. It did not exist in Hilton either, the hotel where I stayed earlier in Folsom. That was very strange for business hotels on that class.

With a few exceptions breakfasts in the US hotels are all the same and pretty typical: omelet, cereal, muffins, boiled eggs, coffee, juices and some fruits on ice. This hotel featured hot barley porridge. It is not as good as oat porridge but still better than nothing. Surely nothing says "good morning" better than a warm bowl of oatmeal.

The hotel has spacious parking which is not unusual. Besides it’s worth to mention that several parking lots are available behind the hotel and you can get to facility through back entrances operated by hotel key cards. That was very convenient, I didn’t have to go to main entrance every time. Also the car was less heated under the sun if parked behind the hotel.

Starbucks and In-n-Out are in walking distance from the hotel (about 200 meters), you will see them. I adore Starbucks but not a fan of burger-like food. Nevertheless, since colleagues advised visiting In-n-Out, I tried burgers there and confirm that they are fairly eatable. Chevron gasoline station is also close to the hotel. In other words, if you stay in this hotel you will be neither thirsty nor hungry, and will be able to fill tank of your car.

Across the intersection new shopping paradise is being built. During days of my visit most shops were still closed but seems like they are to be opened soon. If you have Costco membership card, you might like the fact that Costco store is also near, right on the hill above the hotel.

In other words, I enjoyed this hotel although I had doubts in the beginning. It is not the best hotel I ever stayed in but the best one during this business trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business