“A Sweet Time at Hampton Suites”

Hampton Inn & Suites Folsom
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The room was very nice with a very comfortable bed. The breakfast was terrible, but that was made up for by the location. Very near is a Whole Foods Market, Starbucks, In & Out, and a bevy of great restaurants. My only complaint was that they kept the rooms and conference room way too warm (75 degrees!), but they cooled it down when we mentioned we were uncomfortable. We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here overnight on our way to Northstar and had little expectations. The desk person Chelsea was so friendly and helpful, she went out of her way to help us. She was very knowledgeable about the area, which is always a plus. The rooms were clean and quiet. I was concern before we got there about the noise since it is located just off the highway, but it was very quiet. The breakfast in the morning was good,

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a nice hotel with very friendly front staff. The rooms are spacious and well laid out, except the heating/a/c fan is very noisy. Very comfortable beds and attractive rates when booking through discount websites.

The location is very convenient next to good shopping with Whole Foods, Starbucks and other popular stores just across the road. It's a bit of a drive to downtown Folsom, but easy to get to.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the shopping mall side, they are quieter than facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I booked this through the hotel and it was a one night stay with the family before heading to South Lake Tahoe. The hotel is conveniently located off Hwy. 50 with several stores and restaurants nearby. There is an In 'N Out, Costco, Starbucks, Whole Foods, REI, etc. The hotel room had two queen beds, was very clean, and offered a complimentary breakfast. For those on the go there was a breakfast prepared in a brown paper bag.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have now stayed at this location three times and have not been disappointed yet. The location is great with an easy off and on the freeway
The nearby shopping is terrific...Starbucks, Ross, Marshalls, Steinmart, Costco and many more. Lovely shopping center and lots of restaurants too.
But my favorite thing about this hotel is the employees friendliness at check in and their free breakfast. If you're in a hurry they have a stack of brown paper sacks on the check out counter that your can grab and take with you.
Inside is a breakfast bar, an apple, a bottle of water and a small pastry. This little brown bag has saved us plenty of times and I love this little touch of thoughtfulness.
Also the consistency of a clean room and comfortable bed every time is terrific.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Nice hotel just off Hwy. 50. Not a single problem - quick check-in/out, quiet, clean, comfortable, good wireless internet connection, coffee all day in the lobby, complimentary breakfast with a variety of choices, cookies in the lobby during the evening, and there was a coffee maker, microwave and small refrigerator in our room. Staff was very accommodating when our group wanted to watch the football game while in the breakfast area. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DoreneH_12
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was a little nervous when I checked in and learned my room was facing HWY 50. the property is practically in the freeway Right of Way. To my surprise, there was no traffic noise at all. The room was modern, clean and was situated close to a gas station, Starbucks and numerous restaurants.

My only complaints are: the pillows ( a whole lot of the same kind, which were too soft for my liking) and the utter lack of any glasses. The room only had paper cups. I can do paper to rinse my mouth after I brush and I can even handle it for a small cup of cofee, but paper just doesn't cut it if you want a glass of wine. I found it especially disappointing because the room had a fridge, but no glassware.

All in all I would stay there again, but I'd bring a good travel cup.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business