“Excellent value and customer service”

Larkspur Landing Folsom
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 3, 2010

From the time I booked my stay by phone through check out, I was impressed by the service I received from Larkspur. This was my first experience with Larkspur hotels and the one in Folsom is probably the most comfortable hotel I've ever stayed in, which is really saying something considering the low price.

At check in, the receptionist was super friendly and upgraded me to a suite with a balcony -- the view wasn't great, but it was nice to be able to go outside for some fresh air whenever I wanted. The suite itself was IMMACULATE and well appointed, and the kitchenette was cleaned spotless each day. I appreciated the continental breakfast and the fitness center, though the latter is a bit small and gets crowded in the morning. The free WiFi is a huge plus, though you have to deal with the same annoying log in screen over and over again (just as you do at other hotels where you pay for it).

My stay at this hotel was absolutely perfect, and I look forward to my next visit. The only drawback is that the hotel is sort of hidden behind a strip mall. I drove past it the first time because I didn't see any sign from the road and had to sort of hunt for it. But now that I've found it, I'll definitely be back. And it doesn't hurt that it's across the street from a big outlet mall...it's great if you like shopping.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Larkspur Landing Folsom

Reviewed May 11, 2010

We stayed two nights in April and it was our first stay at a Larkspur Landing hotel. We chose it based on the reviews here. Very glad we did. The hotel is attractive and spotless. Our room was a mini suite with a full kitchen, dining/work table, full size frige & stove and attractive furnishings. A complimentary continental breakfast is served each morning and it was especially relaxing to take our breakfast back up to our room, spread out with the newspaper and just relax. The hotel was particularly quiet and perfectly located across from the cinema, outlet stores, and restaurants. It's a short drive to old Folsom for some great antiquing and centrally located if you want to go north to Placerville for more antiquing or South to Sacramento for anything going on at the Cal-Expo. I think you'll be very pleased with your stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WannabeTravelin
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I read trip advisor reviews before choosing the hotel, as a Number 1# I would have expected it for more, compared to other brands in the area.
+++
The hotel is located 2min drive from Intel campus, with easy and fast access to I50.
Rooms are comfortable as expected and very clean,
It's a quite hotel in a quite neighbourhood.
----
Breakfast is very poor.
Breakfast area includes one table to all guests which means that no matter how freindly you are, you might have to take your breakfast standing or in your room

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Our family of four stayed in two executive suites for three nights during Christmas. This is the second year in a row that we are staying here for visiting families and we were overall pleased with our stay. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the flat screen TVs worked well.

There are a few things that we feel the hotel should improve on - The toilettries offered were not consistently provided, we had more than one bottle of shampoo but no conditioners; A couple of the lights did not work (light bulbs might need replaced) which we feel they should have checked beforehand to ensure were in working order; The hotel now offeres a different brand of bottled water, and in the name of "green, made-of-plant bottles" they now charge $1 for each small bottle of water (used to be complimentary!); The internet did not work when we checked in and we had to call technical support to learn the hotel server had issues, it took a while for the service to connect; The hotel still charges absorbant amount for local and US domestic calls, with so many other vacation rentals out there offering free local and US domestic calls, Larkspur Landing should follow suit to stay competitive.

The location of the hotel is convenient being across from shopping centers and factory outlets which came in handy for the holiday season. And we enjoyed the fresh baked cookies and continental breakfasts. We hope things will not change for worse so that we will continue to come back in the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank paenca
Reviewed January 1, 2010

This was my first visit to Larkspur Landings. It had to have the cleanest room I have ever rented. A real treat! Hotel ... amenities were good, excellent location, great cost/value pricing. Nice kitchen in room, free laundry, good breakfasts. I would definitely stay at one of their properties in the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I don't need a hotel with two TV sets in a room - and Larkspur doesn't have that. But a comfortable bed, working facilities, and lots of useful extras (decent filter coffee provided in the rooms, along with microwave popcorn, free guest laundry) made this a relaxing - and trouble-free stay. That's what I'll come back for.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2009

My husband and I had never stayed at a Larkspur Landing, but after checking the reviews on TripAdvisor we booked it. We were originally going to stay at another hotel in Auburn, because we were golfing that weekend at the Winchester Country Club and at Camino Heights and had stayed at the other place before on a different trip. However, there was a wedding going on in town and the first hotel was booked. So we decided to spend the night in Folsom at Larkspur Landing instead.
It was a terrific place! The staff was excellent and very helpful, the hotel was clean and quiet. The room was spacious, had a complete kitchen, and even a whiteboard on the wall for meetings.
The contintental breakfast the next morning was very nice and we would definitely stay there again!
Just to let you know, the view we had was of a Taco Bell, but as we were only there one night we didn't mind at all. The outlets are right across the street!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple