“Good hotel and confortable hotel”

Larkspur Landing Folsom
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I read trip advisor reviews before choosing the hotel, as a Number 1# I would have expected it for more, compared to other brands in the area.
+++
The hotel is located 2min drive from Intel campus, with easy and fast access to I50.
Rooms are comfortable as expected and very clean,
It's a quite hotel in a quite neighbourhood.
----
Breakfast is very poor.
Breakfast area includes one table to all guests which means that no matter how freindly you are, you might have to take your breakfast standing or in your room

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2010

Our family of four stayed in two executive suites for three nights during Christmas. This is the second year in a row that we are staying here for visiting families and we were overall pleased with our stay. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the flat screen TVs worked well.

There are a few things that we feel the hotel should improve on - The toilettries offered were not consistently provided, we had more than one bottle of shampoo but no conditioners; A couple of the lights did not work (light bulbs might need replaced) which we feel they should have checked beforehand to ensure were in working order; The hotel now offeres a different brand of bottled water, and in the name of "green, made-of-plant bottles" they now charge $1 for each small bottle of water (used to be complimentary!); The internet did not work when we checked in and we had to call technical support to learn the hotel server had issues, it took a while for the service to connect; The hotel still charges absorbant amount for local and US domestic calls, with so many other vacation rentals out there offering free local and US domestic calls, Larkspur Landing should follow suit to stay competitive.

The location of the hotel is convenient being across from shopping centers and factory outlets which came in handy for the holiday season. And we enjoyed the fresh baked cookies and continental breakfasts. We hope things will not change for worse so that we will continue to come back in the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank paenca
Reviewed January 1, 2010

This was my first visit to Larkspur Landings. It had to have the cleanest room I have ever rented. A real treat! Hotel ... amenities were good, excellent location, great cost/value pricing. Nice kitchen in room, free laundry, good breakfasts. I would definitely stay at one of their properties in the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I don't need a hotel with two TV sets in a room - and Larkspur doesn't have that. But a comfortable bed, working facilities, and lots of useful extras (decent filter coffee provided in the rooms, along with microwave popcorn, free guest laundry) made this a relaxing - and trouble-free stay. That's what I'll come back for.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2009

My husband and I had never stayed at a Larkspur Landing, but after checking the reviews on TripAdvisor we booked it. We were originally going to stay at another hotel in Auburn, because we were golfing that weekend at the Winchester Country Club and at Camino Heights and had stayed at the other place before on a different trip. However, there was a wedding going on in town and the first hotel was booked. So we decided to spend the night in Folsom at Larkspur Landing instead.
It was a terrific place! The staff was excellent and very helpful, the hotel was clean and quiet. The room was spacious, had a complete kitchen, and even a whiteboard on the wall for meetings.
The contintental breakfast the next morning was very nice and we would definitely stay there again!
Just to let you know, the view we had was of a Taco Bell, but as we were only there one night we didn't mind at all. The outlets are right across the street!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I choose Larkspurs for business travel regularly. I have grown to expect clean rooms, lots of amentities and friendly service. My positive business travel experiences have now led me to use Larkspurs for vacation travel as well. My wife likes the suite styled rooms and personal customer service.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I was going here to take a little time away from home with my girlfriend. I am from the area the hotel is and at first impression the hotel doesn't look too impressive. I pass by it a lot of the time and just shrug it off. But little did I know that THAT wasn't the front of the hotel. The hotel is cleverly placed so the front of the hotel is in the back to give the feeling of being secluded in the hills of El Dorado Hills. I was surprised as we rounded the corner to see the beautiful front.

Now the placement, in terms of what to do around the hotel, isn't too much, unless you love shopping. There is the fabulous Folsom Outlets (which the hotel has a "Shop 'n Stay" deal which gives you discounts to the Outlets), a theater, the Broadstone shopping center isn't too far away, plenty of food, and a fun little Color Me Mine that you can lose yourself for a whole day in. At least I did.

I booked the place for about... $75 a night? Not bad for the quality, since each room seems to come with a kitchen (with silverware and plates), flat screen tv, and some of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen. Makes me want to redecorate my own home in the same way! I've stayed at other hotels (some in Las Vegas, like the Venetian) and found that these rooms top them. Service was personally and friendly, something that made it extremely easy to just chat with the staff and walk away with a smile on my face.

Although... I wish there was more to do other than spending money. But that's just the area. Folsom and the surrounding areas are very fun to explore and see what's there. Old Folsom is a blast too. It isn't too far from Sunrise Mall either. 10-15 minute drive, I believe.

I highly recommend this place, especially if you just need to get away from it all. Fourth floor is fun just to see the view.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple