“Good. But not very.”

Tok Aman Bali Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pasir Puteh
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a course that I attended also at the hotel. I think the hotel has a very nice design and very picturesque. It is near to a beautiful (but poorly maintained) beach called 'Bisikan Bayu' or whispering wind and surrounded by a natural lagoon. The hotel is quite big with plenty of parking space.
The room was very spacious and the decor was minimal but nice. There was a big LCD TV albeit the channels were not that clear. There's also a sofa and chairs outside on the balcony. Very nice view of the lagoon from the comfort of your bedroom. The toilet has a shower cubicle and bathtub with glass window separating from the bedroom. One thing about the toilet was the strong sewer odour which really bugged me.
There was a very big pool and plenty of lounge chairs for you to relax on. Other facilities include gym and karaoke room. The conference rooms were also fully equipped and comfortable. There were many activities you can do around like kayaking, boat pedaling or event paint ball game. Staffs can be more friendly and attentive. Need work on this. Food was quite good with a number of choice for buffet meals.
Overall, I think the hotel can be enjoyable for the whole family but they can also improve a lot.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AiNGEL83

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Been there last week for 3 days 2 night with my family...i personally love the resort...i love the surroundings, the location, the design & the facilities provided by the resort...the room interior was good with the balcony (lake view) & the bathtub (in the bathroom)...another things i love about the resort is there are many interesting places inside the resort to take pictures...the pool is huge & my kids love it...the beach (pantai bisikan bayu) is just a walkaway from the resort...there's a people sells sata & otak-otak nearby..the services provided was quite okay...the breakfast also was good...

The only things that bother me is the cleanliness...eventhough i love the room but i've to admit that the room is not so clean...there's a dirt stain on a curtain, the bathroom floor was not that clean & there's a garbage not been cleared outside my balcony...the beach also need a major refurbishment...there's a left obselete facilities...hope the district councils can take action...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank uninvitedguest82
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I hate to admit that I love Tok Aman Bali despite the flaws. The resort itself is quiet. I can hardly see anyone around. Maybe that I stayed during the weekdays and not the weekend. They were having promotion on the room rate and for the price I paid, I think its more than enough.
The room is spacious. You can even fit in another queen size bed in the room. Too spacious mayb. Each room comes with a balcony with the lake/river view I am not quite sure.
The pool is the highlight of the resort. Its like a mini waterpark there. Kids must love it. The interior is somewhat got a Balinese feel. The carving and such.
Breakfast is so-so. Nothing fancy.
The only thing I might suggest is that to improve the cleanliness of the room. I mean the day bed is slightly torn with spots on it. Spider webs in the toilets. And even some light in the room was malfunction.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hassy12
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Poor service. Takes 30 mins for maintainence to come and unlock my door.
No variety on breakfast esp local food.
Breakfast spread finished at 8.30 and takes late refill.
They charged RM26 for adult & RM13 for kids.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank mohseinmazlan
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

It was our first time there. Tok Bali is located about 50km from Kota Bharu town. The beach is beautiful, untouched by developments. I was surprised such a good resort is available in such a location. Service was ok, food was ok, no complaints.

Our kids loved the pool though the adults preferred the beach! Ample of activities for the kids other than swimming pool such as tricycle ride, paint ball, kids room, butterfly garden etc.

I am planning to come again this December for extended family vacation. So I guess we fell in love with this place!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank zebramones
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The map on Google was so confusing. Longest journey ever. For other driving travelers, Pantai Timur Highway is highly recommended.

For sales person who sold the promo package to us, next time please have a courtesy to recommend the shortest way to get there.. (you should know that your hotel is in Kelantan.. duhhh!)

F&B.. your breakfast was terrible..really! The cutlery.. eewwwww.. so dirty like you never wash and clean it properly.

Resort exterior is nice.. room can say worth the money but F&B side, I can only give you 2/10.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the swimming pool are better for family traveler.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ziela A
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I spent a weekend there in august, during the last weekend before the school opens. It was unplanned and my kids wanted a short break. So we decided to spend it there.

I booked through Agoda and when I checked in, it is nice to know that my reservation was already in placed. I arrived early and I was grateful that they gave us our room. I accidentally clicked for a kingsize bed when booking online but the also allowed me to change to 2 single bed, which is another plus.

The room was spacious and clean and the balcony was really wonderful. We had a room facing the lake and the view was beautiful. But we cannot enjoy the balcony in the evening though as it was scorching hot. The evening sun was right on your face.

My kids really love the pool. They spend hours in the water.

Then came the time to go to bed. The problem starts. There was not enough pillows. Usually a hotel at this pricetag will provide 2 pillows for each single bed and another 2 extra pillows in the closet. So, altogether there should be 6 pillows. But the hotel only provide 3 pillows, one for each single beds and one extra pillows in the closet.

Then, my kids wanted to hook into the internet before going to bed and unfortunately there was no internet connection in the room. The hotel says the internet is only available at the lobby and pretty slow.

All in all, we will be back as the room and the pool was really nice but next time we will come prepared with the extra pillows and own internet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Ahmad A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasir Puteh
The Grand Renai Hotel Kota Bharu ( formerly Renaissance Kota Bharu)
Villa Danialla Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Alunan Resort
Alunan Resort
#1 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Tok Aman Bali Beach Resort? Share your experiences!