Arbel Guest House Shavit Family
Prima Too(Tiberias)
Hotel Eden(Tiberias)
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsjesus trailarbel guest housefruit treesarbel cliffsshavit familysea of galileeancient synagoguethe ownerbeds were very comfortablelovely poolnational parkwonderful dinnermint teabeautiful flowersspent two nightswould highly recommend this placedont miss
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We spent two nights here booking the 2 room apartment and a single room.
First up, as many other reviews, the food is just fantastic - served with passion and talent.
Don't skip breakfast.
The gardens are amazing, full of fruit and blossom.
Sara & Israel were very kind and welcoming.
Our only "gripe" and it feels somewhat ungenerous - is that the rooms are somewhat dated. We missed having good showers - all rooms had super spa baths - personally i prefer a decent shower. But the rooms were spacious with good wifi and very good mattresses.
The guest house was very close to Tiberius and I would thoroughly recommend people staying here instead of in town.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This my first review ever: I am travelling rather often but never writes reviews.
But this time I really would like to thank Sara and Israel: it was a real Paradise Garden
We arrived to their place rather late, very tired and dreaming only about some bed and roof upon the head, not expecting much.
And could not believe our eyes when we saw a beautiful garden, blooming and fragrant.
Deep inside we have found a restaurant, with a glass wall overlooking to the garden.
The interior was nice and welcoming, and so was the owner, Israel.
We got the keys from the cottage and went to unpack: cottage was so clean, so comfortable - you immediately feel like at home there.
The food was just excellent, I could compare it with what I was eating in the very good restaurants in France and Italy, but this was with mediterranean flavour.
Everything was cooked from the local products and served perfectly.
The only thing we were regretting: we booked only one night there.
I would easily spent there much more happy days.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Light_Leona
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a wonderful property with excellent hosts. Israel cooked some of the best food we had in the country. We couldn't have been more pleased! It was also very nice not to be in Tiberias itself wit all the hustle and bustle. The guest house is about a 15 drive to town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I were hiking the Jesus trail in July and pushed it from Cana to Arbel. We chose Arbel Guest house as it was listed in the Jesus trail accommodation options. After a very very long hot day with blisters on our feet and dusk in our eyes, we walked in to Arbel Guest house and was met by the lady owner. She was shocked we had walked so far with our heavy packs so she went and brought us some fresh lemonade. We asked if there was room in the dorm but ended up giving us a private room for the same price.
After a swim in the pool we chose to eat at their restaurant where her husband is the cook.
My wife and I both agreed this was the best food we had on our month in the Holy Land. The man kept throwing in freebies from Mango juice to Lemon-cello which was home made.
Restaurent 10/10!
Room was fantastic with free WiFi and quite modern and clean.
Breakfast was amazing!
As we were leaving with our heavy packs, the man threw in a bag of food including an apple for supplies.
What a treat after a dreadful night at Cana Guest house.
If we returned to Israel and Arbel, we would definitely return here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Came to Arbel to get a rest. It is a beautiful place with very good service. Our room (or small suite) had everything we needed and we had a good view out to the hills. The food was very good, served by Israel, the chef who makes his own chocolates, jams and lemoncello. It was delightful to meet him and his wife, Sarah.

Our stay was spoiled on the day we left. We packed up the car and left it in the parking area while we went for a walk to the Arbel hills. After 10 minutes I realised I had left my Kindle on the bed between my husband's pillow and mine. I had left it there as I wakened in the night and read for a bit without wakening my husband. Out on the walk I realised I had left it there, but decided (stupid me) that I would get it when I got back from the walk.

After one and a half hours we returned and I asked immediately to go to the room to get it. The cleaning lady said it wasn't there, and so the owner and I went to check. The room had been changed and iI wasn't there. Nobody had seen it. We even phoned the laundry where the sheets had gone but they said they hadn't seen anything. My husband even took absolutely everything out of the car and the case in the event that it was there and that we had made a mistake.

So, beautiful place, but disappointed that the owners didn't follow up with me about it. It was definitely there when I got up (for I was reading it) but not there when I got back from the walk. There was no phone call of apology/commiseration, offer of recompense or even them contacting their insurance company. So it's gone - lost and it certainly wasn't us that lost it.

We went to Arbel in April, but hesitated to write a review until now, as I wanted to give the owners the benefit of the doubt. I am disappointed that the loss of an item costing more than #100 wasn't even followed up by them. My wonderful memory has been marred by the experience and I wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple