“No other place to stay but the Tin Lizzie Inn”
Review of Tin Lizzie Inn

Tin Lizzie Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Fish Camp B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just had another wonderful stay at the Tin Lizzie Inn. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. Wonderful place to come back to after a long day in Yosemite or Bass Lake, as we did this trip. The suite is so huge and you just sink into the King bed.

I definitely recommend this above any other hotels in the area. You can tell the breakfasts are made with love and the treats left on your pillow at night are an extra treat! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Choose the suite for couple getaway, the cottage or carriage house for families
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2013

On spur of moment, we were fortunate to obtain accommodation at the Tin Lizzie, just outside entrance to South Yosemite. Online descriptions of the Inn were inadequate to fully describe the pleasure and fun of our stay. First, the fun of meeting David and Sheran Woodworth. Renaissance type couple with wide ranging backgrounds and interests. A significant ongoing pleasure of staying at B&Bs is encountering fascinating owners. On a perfect day, we soon were in the back seat of David's perfectly restored 1915 model T "convertible" driving on primitive backroads through forests primeval with a stop for a "Kodak" moment. We were in the "Suite" enjoying fabulous furnishings and every conceivable amenity. For later afternoon, having adult beverages on the private Suite porch was delightful, followed by short walk to the Tenaya Lodge for excellent meal. Breakfast by Sheran was gourmet, particularly enlivened with her company. In brief, a memorable superb experience.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in July...but i kept forgetting to post. Nice place..but we felt supervised and never felt like the suite was ours. Moved hand mirrow near a window to see to apply my makeup better and Sheran must not have liked where i put it (on a wide window sill) b/c it was removed from the room...as in 'if you cant play nice we will take your toys'. Very awkward. If something had happened to the $15 mirror..i would have paid for a new one. Breakfasts were awkward with Sheran ordering David around. Car was neat...but we found the experience a little oppressive.

• Stayed: August 2012
modelttours, Owner at Tin Lizzie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

We are very sorry we inconvenienced our guest by removing the mirror. Because the mirror was placed in the windowseal it was felt that it was in the way. It was removed to allow for more room as well as safety. Leaving the mirror on the windowseal could have resulted in it falling on the bathroom floor which is heated tile. Many of our guest walk in the bathroom without shoes on because the floor is nice and warm and if the mirror had fallen and broken in pieces, it would have left small particles of glass that could have been stepped on. We are in the process of installing an antique telescoping mirrow on the wall for the convenience of applying make-up that will be out of the way of other items on the counter. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at The Tin Lizzie Inn and no other lodging will ever compare.
I stayed for 2 nights at the bed and breakfast and 3 nights in the guest house. David and Sheran exceeded my expectations at every turn. The location was only 2 miles from the main south entrance at Yosemite. The breakfast I had was one of the best I have ever had with fresh fruit, homemade waffles, and freshly baked scones. I am just a simple guy and do not usually do not stay in such luxurious accommodations, but WOW this place is awesome. The towels were the thickest I have ever used. I luxuriated in the air powered spa. I stayed at the perfect place to enjoy Yosemite!
I also had the opportunity to drive a model A and a model T. Being an old car junkie, this was a rare treat. I was surprised how easy the model A was to drive and how much power it had and how Modern it felt. No wonder they revolutionized America.
All I can say is if you are thinking of staying here then do! They will book up fast so be sure to book early!

Room Tip: They have 2 bed and breakfast rooms and a private guesthouse.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Staying at David and Sheran Woodworth's Tin Lizzie Inn Carriage House was a pleasure in every way. The carriage house was enormous yet cozy. It had everything we needed for a long stay...full kitchen, dishes, laundry, etc. The beds were huge and extrememly comfortable.

Moreover, David and Sheran were more than happy to help with special requests. For instance, I failed to bring my camera charger, and David lent me his for the weekend. Sheran even lent us binoculors to use. Both David and Sheran had tons of great travel ideas, depending on your interests, how far you want to travel, what you want to see, etc.

The best part, however, was driving the Ford Model T and Model A. The cars are in original condition and well-maintained. I was a bit nervous about driving the antique cars, but David was extremely patient in teaching us how to operate the cars...very comfortable, low pressure instructions. After getting the hang of it, driving the Model T and A was an absolute pleasure. The cars are real head-turners, and onlookers couldn't help but smile (especially if you're wearing a derby)!

Thanks again, David and Sheran...looking forward to next time!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What an unexpected pleasure to have chosen the Tin Lizzie Inn. My son and I like to get a vacation in once a year or two and this trip had perks for both of us. Yosemite was beautiful for hiking and my son found it "tolerable" since we got to travel in a Model T or A depending upon where we wanted to go! :) David and Sheran were excellent hosts and gave us great ideas as how to best fill our days. We spent three days filled with great memories that will never be forgotten. The only problem was that we found it hard to leave our wonderful lodgings to go see the sights! Next time I will save time for the hammock!
Thanks to David and Sheran. Words can't explain want a wonderful place you have.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Outstanding inn in every way! We have traveled extensively and this B and B is by far, our all time favorite! Fabulous breakfasts and surprise treats every day! We thoroughly enjoyed our day in Yosemite driving David's 1929 Model A! Totally wonderful anniversary trip!

Room Tip: The Tin Lizzie Suite was a delight!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fish Camp
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Yosemite Big Creek Inn
Yosemite Big Creek Inn
#1 of 3 in Fish Camp

Been to Tin Lizzie Inn? Share your experiences!