“Great Bar Food and Service”

Jackalope's Bar & Grill at Tenaya Lodge
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Fish Camp
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: After a day of discovery, retire to Jackalope's Bar & Grill to relax and enjoy pub fare, delicious local beers, wines and spirits. Featuring made-to-order grilled burgers, sandwiches, specialty salads and more, this Yosemite bar and grill offers an array of options. Children have their own menu and can entertain themselves by coloring with complimentary crayons. If they're lucky, they can even catch a glimpse of Tenaya's legendary Jackalope (hint: look up!). And if it's a game day, you can catch all the action via our new flat-screen HDTVs.
Reviewed May 20, 2009

My wife and I stayed at a B&B about a half mile down the road, so this was a very convenient watering hole. We dropped by two night in a row and the food and service were consistently excellent. We never actually made to a table...just ended up ordering our food at the bar which a fairly popular idea. They have an appetizer menu and a full dinner menu that you can order from. All the food we ordered was tasteful, bountiful and served quickly. We were also very happy with the drinks and bar service. Everyone we dealt with in the hotel lobby and the bar seemed to be very service oriented which is always nice to see. Kudos to the Tenya Lodge and the Jackelope Bar and Grill.

1  Thank OldNorCalGuy

Reviewed July 29, 2008

I ate at the Jackalope twice when I stayed at the Tenaya Lodge while visiting Yosemite. When I came back from the park, tired, hot and hungary, the bartender welcomed me and I had ice water and a cold beer in short order. Of course, I ate at the bar, since there was only one server to cover the restaurant. As I was travelling solo, it was fine and I chatted with others at the bar. Those at tables clearly were having service problems. At the bar, I had an excellent cheeseburger and fries, next time a salmon dinner that was quite good. Good quality. And did I mention the COLD beer, which, by that point of driving around in the heat, was a lifesaver. It was reasonably priced for a bar grill at an reasonably upscale hotel. This is not fine dining, but good basic food at a fair price - and far, far better than anything in the park (except the Ahwanee). So, sit at the bar or be aggressive in flagging the servers who are doing the best they can for too many guests. I can only imagine trying to hire people to work at these remote locations.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 22, 2008

I went here 2 nights in a row and had the same appetizer. The first night it was really good, and the second night not nearly so good. The choice on the menu is not good if you don't want a steak or a burger. I was wavering between 2 and 3 stars. Definitely 3 stars for the first night I went here - food was good and service was decent, but the second night neither was so good. I am being generous giving it 3 stars I think, but that was based on my first night's experience.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 17, 2007

I largely agree with the prior reviewer, although the service was more amateurishly earnest than rude. The decor was actually very attractive and it does fill the gap between fine dining and the general store, which, given its location, is an important role. The food was fine, the prices in the reasonable enough range and if you are staying in Fish Camp (which is 12 miles from the nearest 2 towns, Bass Lake and Oakhurst), it is a good place for a decent family meal.

Reviewed July 20, 2007

The food here is simple - burgers, sandwiches, and salads - but there aren't many other options nearby. Located in a hotel and close to another. GREAT burger and fries, but outdoor seating wasn't exactly scenic and relaxing being located next to the pool.

Service was slow, and occasionally rude, and many beers listed were not available.

I enjoyed my meal, but I likely would only eat there if staying at one of the hotels (Tenaya Lodge or the nearby Apple Tree Inn).