“Great breakfast”

Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Fish Camp
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sierra is one of Tenaya's most popular Yosemite restaurants - a spacious and comfortable space surrounding a towering limestone fireplace, offering breakfast and dinner service. Enjoy a cozy fireside dinner with your friends and family, or during the summer months, dine under the stars at Sierra Restaurant's unique outdoor patio complete with blazing fire pit.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The service was attentive without being over the top and the breakfast buffet was a great value and had something for everyone.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Very long wait for a table and lots of young children as it's a family hotel. Not easy to park during our visit in August.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We thought the food here was good and the service very friendly and attentive. However, it took forever to get our food at the two meals we ate there (dinner and breakfast) and it was definitely the kitchen that caused the problem. We would not eat there again because of this.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Ate here on the second night of my stay at Tenaya Lodge after being disappointed with the mediocre food at Jackalope's Bar & Grill. Unfortunately, I found out that the menu items at Sierra Restaurant were much the same as Jackalope's. Since I was let down by the California Burger at Jackalope's, I ordered the Fish & Chips at Sierra Restaurant instead. The fish was almost rubbery, and the side salad it came with could fit in the palm of my hand (you do not get your choice of dressing either). I ate all of the fries it came with to try to fill up since the fish and salad didn't do it. Boyfriend ordered salmon and we both agreed that the easy salmon we cook at home tastes much better. Not too good considering this salmon & mashed potatoes costs $27. The biscuits that you get before your food comes out tasted like they were frozen and heated up in the microwave. I do not like to be picky, but for the price we payed I would have expected much better than just average food.

1  Thank Marissa87
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Sierra's food is good overall and the outdoor patio next to the firepit is the place to eat on a cool, clear summer's evening. The menu is virtually the same at Jackalope's so you will have the same experience at either eatery.