“what a treat beautiful ride through the woods”

Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Fish Camp
More attraction details
Owner description: Four-mile excursion on a narrow-gauge railroad through Sierra National Forest's scenic landscape.
Anacortes, Washington
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“what a treat beautiful ride through the woods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My Husband and I enjoyed this ride with the all the history of loggin in the area over the loud speaker was very interesting the sweet smell of pine was just a bonus. The steam train was a wonderful glimpse of the past and a joy to see operate. They have a gift shop and a snack bar complete with picnic tables. It was conforable and relaxing...I like to support the gift shops and snack bars to help with mainting this wonderful piece of the past going. Would go there again in a heart beat.

Chester, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“What a Let Down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I'm not sure what I was expecting from this, but it definitely came way below. My daughter said she enjoyed it, but I think she was being polite.

I felt it was overpriced for what it was. The train sets off at a snails pace and never actually speeds up, it is a huge train and I have been on little sit on ones in parks with my daughter that are more exciting or value for money.

The train basically winds its way down a hill through a forest, where it gets to the bottom after only having been on it for 15 to 20 minutes. Here you get off and walk around (with very little to see or do) for about 20 minutes while the train takes on more water. Then you get back in and it climbs back up the hill. That as they say "is that".

We then went on to do the panning for Gold, which my daughter was really excited about. Basically a man gives you a pan with some stones in it, shows you how to wash in water for two minutes, then takes a couple of specks of gold out and puts it in a bottle to give to you. Again, a complete let down. Even my daughter looked at me with a raised eyebrow and laughed in disbelief (and she is only 9).

Staff were helpful and polite, but am afraid I felt really let down by this attraction, it was not worth going out of our way for.

Coffs Harbour, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A great evening's fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We booked the Moonlight train ride which began with a BBQ supper (good food), followed by a steam train ride through the trees (whistle blowing) to the end of the line. We had an hour's singalong around a campfire before we headed back to the station. The kids loved it and so did I - a great way to spend a few hours and heaps of fun. Highly recommended.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best evening of our 5 week trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We did the moonlight trip. Food & music were great - excellent value for money. It was atmospheric & filled with other travellers & very friendly locals who made it so much fun. We were not enamoured with the melodrama but that was just us I think.... Bring a jacket the temperatures drop fast!

1 Thank MummaS
Santa Monica, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A little bit of a tourist trap but still fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and two other families went to Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad. Its a little bit of a tourist trap but the train ride was fun. We also paid 10 dollars a kid for the gold panning and all the kids enjoyed it.