“Fun & Interesting”

Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Fish Camp
More attraction details
Owner description: Four-mile excursion on a narrow-gauge railroad through Sierra National Forest's scenic landscape.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I and our 16 year old son enjoyed an afternoon ride on the Sugar Pine Railroad. This company is very well run and did not feel like a typical tourist trap. The facilities were very well maintained with a nice gift shop, a lovely picnic area where we enjoyed our picnic lunch, super clean bathrooms and very pretty grounds. The train trip was fun for all with interesting commentary along the way. They also have a snack shop with interesting items on the menu at reasonable prices.

There are newer reviews for Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad

Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a lovely experience. Immaculate train station, beautiful bookstore. Super clean restrooms. Great trainride for the kids and us. Informative, smooth, historical.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We took the 11 a.m. train ride on an extremely pleasant day. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was picturesque, enjoyable, and VERY relaxing! A narrative of logging history was given during the ride which was very interesting. I was sorry we missed the evening ride as they include food and music before the ride and then more music afterward. If I go back to this area, it is a must. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have two boys, 10 and 6 years old. We drove from San Diego to Oakhurst and rented a little apartment for the night to help break up the drive. (Great place to stay by the way, and much better than trying to drive all the way through. Check out the apartment on homeaway.com and look for Rental 398524vb.) In the morning we got up and drove the 45 minutes to the Sugar Pine Railroad. We had to wait around for a while for the train (we must have just missed one when we arrived) but the boys were fine playing in the area. They have a gift shop (of course) and a few interesting things to look at and read about. The kids LOVED seeing the steam engines pulling in and switching tracks, and they really enjoyed the ride. They were not nearly as interested in the facts surrounding the railroad and the logging, but the grownups paid attention. After that the drive into the southe entrance of Yosemite and the Giant Sequoias was less than thirty minutes I think. It was well-worth the stop and the money.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We very much enjoyed the Moonlight ride & dinner. Dave & Chuck have been performing together for the railroad for 32 years! That just tells you what great people they work for. Everyone from the servers to the gift shop employees were incredibly friendly. We were able to grab some med-rare steaks from the grill which made it better. The food was tastier than we expected too. I recommend bringing jackets or a blanket for the ride to the campfire. We loved the old steam engine train ride and the entertainers were excellent. Our boys, ages 9 & 12 had a blast. I was so glad that I had booked this for my family and I highly recommend this experience.