“Don't miss the Apricot pie”
Review of Apricot Tree

Apricot Tree
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Firebaugh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicago
“Don't miss the Apricot pie”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Road side diner with old time lunch boxes decorating the walls was a fun place to stop. We only had nachos, drinks and pie, but all were nice.

Visited May 2014

San Francisco
“Flash back to 1971”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Definitely recommend this restaurant if you're staying at the Best Western Apricot Tree. Eating here completes the 1970's-era retro, road-side MOTEL experience. The food is good and the staff are friendly.

This restaurant must have been built in the late 60's or early 70s. It's certainly not been remodeled since opening. The restaurant owner collects and displays hundreds of lunch boxes from the past 40 years or so. If for no other reason, stop here to see your favorite childhood lunchbox.

Visited March 2014
Bellingham, Washington
“Great service”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Kinda weird walking in cause you think you are walking into a restaurant, but it's a gift store, then there is a sign that leads you to the restaurant, which is quite interesting because it's decorated with LOTS of different lunch boxes and thermos that are pretty cool to look at. Brings back memories of when we were kids and had our own lunch boxes. :-)

Visited March 2014
Sacramento
“Not worth the stop”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stopped at this restaurant this evening, thinking that it was worth the try, we had seen the sign from the freeway, but had never dined there before today. I was very disappointed. I ordered the scrambled eggs and Linguica sausage entree, and was surprised to notice that my sausage link had part of the tip cut off. So I received a shorted sausage, along with eggs that were not scrambled, but appeared to be an omelet that had not been beaten enough ( appeared flat ). The toast was charred, the hash browns were dry and hard, so I had to use the knife to cut it ! My mother had a fish entree with salad and baked potato. The potato was hard, the salad greens appeared old, not fresh. The waiter did not offer ketchup and delivered small portions of tartar sauce, and one wedge of lemon. I decided to kill time while my mother used the ladies room, and browsed the gift shop that is attached to the restaurant. The statues appeared to be of low quality to me, nothing worth being called a collectible . The shop also had other small items for sale, but nothing that you could not find in discount stores in your local ' dollar ' type store. Judging by the empty parking lot ( I saw three cars parked there ) this restaurant may be aging faster than its out dated decor ? The only attribute that I could discern, was the lunch-pail collection decorating the walls ...

• Visited January 2014
Medford, Oregon
“Give it a try! It has changed!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I feel this place could use some help - apparently they've just opened, short of help, no business cards, no website, trying hard, friendly and good service, good food, good prices, clean place, fantastic gift shop & great prices, outside appearance & parking is very nice. We'll go back and wish them success. Stop in and enjoy! Look up high for their sign to find them!! The cashier didn't know their phone number, no listing in YP, no take-out menu/listings. I took pictures! The phone number listed above has been disconnected, the lunch boxes are gone - I think they've just moved here? We were there 23 Nov 2013.