“Cool collection of lunch boxes, but no other reason to stop”
Review of Apricot Tree

Apricot Tree
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Firebaugh
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Apricot Tree is located at a good midway stopping point on Interstate 5 if your traveling between the bay area and Los Angeles, but other than its convenient location and the great collection of lunch boxes that span the entire dining room, there is no reason to stop here.

The food is mediocre on its best day, the service is very slow, and aside from the lunch boxes, the decor is just old coffee shop; and not in a cool, retro sort of way. It's just an old, outdated, dingy restaurant.

My advice is to keep driving.

1  Thank Valleyblue
There are newer reviews for Apricot Tree

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We have been visiting this restaurant for years. The last two times were big disappointments. The food was OK, the AC was broken, but the fan pointed at our table. It used to have a lot of apricots on the menu. Now the fruit is canned and the menu is just so-so.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

We had been driving for 12 hours straight we stopped at the hotel next door and asked where we could get a bit to eat besides fast food- they said the apricot next door- it was a alright great old lunch boxes hung on the walls and a decent menu- i had a b.l.t. with fries she had a burger not the best we ever have not the worst -we found the service good and the prices fair

Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I ate there a couple of times on road trips. This last time we stopped in because we wanted to commemorate our trip with something from the gift shop, although the only thing they have are coffee mugs with their name on it. I think on the whole the food is serviceable, but the prices are out of sight. The dinner entree portion of the menu actually says, "Add a salad to your meal for only $3.50." Outrageous This time we actually considered the prices and passed and had more fun and better food at Taco Bell across the street.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

We pulled off of i-5 to use the restroom at McDonald's but when my husband saw the Apricot Tree Restaurant he thought it looked like a nice place to eat. Certainly the restrooms would be better there than at McDonald's! His thoughts couldn't have been further from the truth.

Our first stop was a visit to the Women's Restroom. Just walking by the outside of the door to the restroom was an odor almost unbearable but my daughter were in dire need to use the restroom so we went ahead and went in. I literally held my breath as long as I could because the stench was so bad.

I ordered the Veggie Omelet. It was the greasiest "thing" I've ever seen! It was soaked in oil and the eggs looked transparent. I took my fork and cut off a small piece, hoping it "might" be ok, but once that bite hit my mouth all I could taste was the rancid flavor of oil that must have been used over and over again. My special Apricot muffin arrived in it's own special plate. The muffin itself was squashed and the paper muffin cup was pulled from the muffin on one side. Inside, it was evident that the muffin was falling apart. I swiped a piece of my husbands toast, but unfortunately it too was stale.

When the waiter came by to ask if everything was ok, I said, "No, this isn't OK at all. It is awful!" Without even a comment, he picked up my plate and took it away. My daughter also turned hers back in as well but they still tried to charge me for it. My husband was so hungry and he went ahead and ate his steak and eggs, but later that afternoon, he suffered from an upset stomach.

I very seldom write reviews, but this time I felt compelled to warn any other people who might be fooled into thinking they might get a decent meal at this place. I honestly don't know why the health department hasn't closed this place down.

1  Thank elatho