“Comfortable Travel Stop”

Best Western Apricot Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Firebaugh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I am seriously doubting the negative reviews about this location. The bottom line is, that this is a clean Hotel, with very nice rooms.

This Hotel is in a very busy travel stop in the middle of nowhere. Restaurant on one end of the parking lot, Mickey D’s and gas station across the street. Another burger joint and gas stations across the main road. I didn’t try the restaurant, so I can’t comment, and the Food Market next door was closed for remodeling.

Staff was friendly.
All rooms have outside entrances. Clean carpeting, clean linens, and room smelled fresh. Bed was firm, like I prefer, and I slept very well. Microwave, fridge, and Guest Laundry on site.

I was impressed with the work area. Somewhat small desk, but more electrical outlets than I could ever think of using. Plugged in my Computer, all my gadgets & chargers, and still had a butt load of outlets left over. Hard wired Internet. About 20 TV Channels were OK. Enough to watch, and not get bored.

Because I had to travel about 45 minutes to my job site, I was pleasantly surprised to find breakfast ready at 5:00am. This fit into my schedule perfectly. Breakfast was basic, but OK.

I had a room in the front that was surprisingly quiet for the amount of 24 hour traffic around me. I would consider this as a great little travel stop,

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Firebaugh, Manager at Best Western Apricot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving your lodging needs the next time you are in the Firebaugh area.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Apricot Inn

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Clean, comfortable, a little dated, but sanitary. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. Our room was on the backside, away from the freeway & quiet enough. Comfortable bed. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We recently spent the night here on our way from Northern California to Arizona. We used their very simple, user friendly website to book ahead. The reception was welcoming and friendly,and although we arrived a little early, our room was ready. We had a ground floor room at the rear of the building, with a king size bed. Despite the sun shining on the room, the AC coped just fine & kept us nice & cool (unlike one nameless motel encountered a week earlier). So it was cool, clean, quiet & dog friendly. Internet was available in the room using a cable & was lightening fast, if you want wireless though then you need to go to the lobby.

Will we go back ? Definitely, when we pass again soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The desk staff we met when we checked in was kind, helpful, and very service oreinted.
Our room had two queen size beds, a small refer, micro wave and coffee pot. It was located near the pool on the ground floor much to the delight of my grand daughter!
The beds were clean, comfortable and all that we could ask for. We were asked for an additional $20 fee for our dog, well worth the expence to have our dog with us.
The pool was fenced and we were able to take our dog to the pool area, along with other pet owners.
We did not use room servie or eat the offered breakfast fare, or the internet, there was no spa but non was offered.

Room Tip: all rooms appeared to be clean, but check in earlier rather than late to get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Just spent the night there on long drive home. My friend and I arrived about midnight and recieved a decent ground floor room with two beds for a reasonable price under $100.00. Room and bath were all clean. We got up in the morning to late to enjoy the breakfast, but there were still a few rolls left. The only thing that I saw that didn't please me was a cochroach out side the room on the walk way. I hate to kill things, but needless to say, he didn't live long.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Firebaugh, Manager at Best Western Apricot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Glad you enjoyed your stay! As for the roach outside the room, the Terminex man said they are Oriental Roaches, that live outside in the dirt and they are trying to get in somewhere cool. Terminex comes once a month and sprays the perimeter of the outside of building to keep them out of the rooms.

Reviewed March 29, 2011

I don't know what else to say about this place except they need to hire better cleaning staff. When I stayed here it was when I was on my way from Washington state heading to San Diego so I had to find somewhere to stay to avoid falling asleep at the wheel. I wish I had drove a little bit further to find a hotel because this one was vile. The room itself seemed clean, however, take a closer look, the sheets were dirty and there were dead bugs and live bugs in the sheets. To make matters MUCH worse I don't know if there was stale water or what to attract mosquitoes but lets just say there were at least 20 mosquitoes in the room. I tried killing a bunch but there were still more. Adding fuel to the fire, the light above the sink didn't work. The sole redeeming quality of this dive of a hotel was the front desk clerk was nice. Don't stay here unless you want to wake up flea, mosquito or spider bitten and you must want to sleep in filthy sheets. I know it's a barren stretch out there but keep on driving, you will be thankful you did.

• Stayed: August 2010
Firebaugh, Manager at Best Western Apricot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Thank you for your feedback, only with your feedback can we improve our service to all our guests.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

This hotel is exactly half way on a 22 hour drive that I do several times a year. It's a great location, and appears to be a well maintained nice hotel. Unfortunately after staying here many times, I have to say looks can be deceiving. Last night was the SECOND time I've pulled back the bedspread and found the sheets hadn't been changed. We're talking FILTHY, not merely suspect. Last time there was a big mud smear on the sheets- I mean a BIG mud smear, no mistaking it for anything else. Last night, I found a dried out leaf and a lot of dirt on the sheets. It was really dirty once again- not a just a bit dirty but really truly DIRTy. I later noticed the carpet was seriously dirty as well- as in big bits of flotsam and jetsam, it probably hadn't been vacuumed in a while.
The first time this happened, the front desk clerk was so clueless, it was comical.. She had no concept of sheets coming in sizes or top and bottom sheets- so it took about an hour to get something like sheets we could use to replace the dirty ones. Last night, the clerk understood sheet sizes, but didn't bring any pillow cases.
We contacted Best Western and got a discounted future stay- which went well and all was forgiven and we started staying here again. This time, I think, will be the LAST time. Anyone can have a single incident, but when it becomes a one out of ten times sort of thing, it's past a fluke and obviously a bad habit.

• Stayed: February 2011
Firebaugh, Manager at Best Western Apricot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

As always we thank our guests for their comments regarding their stays. I find it unfortunate that this guest experienced dirty sheets during both of her stays at our motel. I also find it strange that these two incidents are the only time we've had issues with our sheets. We hope you will stay at the Best Western Apricot Inn when you are in the Firebaugh area. See you soon.

Been to Best Western Apricot Inn? Share your experiences!