“Average and only place to stay for a night in Fillmore and Piru area”

Best Western La Posada Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fillmore
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We attended a wedding at the Mansion Venue in Piru CA and didn't wanna drive late at night so we booked at this one and only nearest place around the area. The place is average just like your typical motel with a clean cold pool, jacuzzi (no towels at site) and ice machine near the office. Outside is clean with plenty of parking space. A simple but clean continental breakfast is prepared for guests with a selection of oatmeal, cornflakes, banana, apple, yogurt, pastry, bread and microwavable sandwiches, mini bagels, burrito, milk and juices inside the office area from 6-9:30am. Our room is equipped with flat screen tv, microwave and fridge with 2 queen beds with fresh clean white sheets. They provide a couple of coffee sachets but no sugar and creamer packets. Carpet needs major steaming because the dirt spots are so visible. Found old fries inside our air condition unit and a cigarette box with used cigarette and ashes inside the drawer which my toddler found. Bathroom tub needs deep cleaning. Shampoo and body liquid soap dispenser is plastered on the shower wall so they only provide mini handsoap and thin rough white towels that has seen better days. Overall place inside and outside just as the owners wanted to but housekeepers must be more vigilant in really cleaning the floor and drawers out because I saw a lot of crazy objects leftout but previous guests that the housekeeps failed to get rid off. Owners need to strictly follow up in this cleaning issue because apparently they only clean the outside. Front desk needs to chillout and be more
friendly. They are not nasty but they are not friendly either. They don't talk nor engage with their guests either. No cheerfulness and warmth in this flat
Mediocre motel. If you just want to crash for a night and not care for anything else, this is your place. We stayed here because we had no choice. There is no other place close by the Newhall Mansion venue in Piru CA. Check out is easy as going in and getting our
invoice. 7/11 store and mc donalds are just across the street and this motel is close by the nearest restaurants and grocery.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed June 21, 2014

A very nice hotel, the owners are remodeling rooms and are proud of their business, it shows. Excellent internet, a decent breakfast ofr a continental type of breakfast, overall value is excellent. i will stay here again. BW at it's best!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The staff are very friendly and accommodating . We are repeat customers since our house nearby are being use for filming. The location is perfect since we are able to check on our house more often. Gloria and J always work with us with our request. They are awesome people . . . I will always recommend this hotel to friends and relatives and I won't hesitate to come back. The hotel could use new carpeting . . . other than that my husband and I are please with the accommodation . .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014

enjoyed the breakfast. needs more parking for trailers or larger vehicles.overall a great stay would stay there again. Close to magic mountain. loved the orange trees. also close to restaurant's and fast food chains. the beds needed to be a little softer.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I booked the La Posada Best Western in Filmore CA online on Saturday, May 17th in the middle of the night. I mistakenly made the reservation for May 18th, when I really needed it for the 17th. I called in the afternoon of the 17th to double check my reservation. The woman at the desk told me that I'd made the reservation for the 18th. I replied that I needed a room on the 17th and that I did NOT need a room on the 18th. She replied that the hotel was fully booked for the 17th. I replied that I did NOT need a room on the 18th. I thanked her and hung up, thinking that my making the statement that I didn't need the hotel for the night I booked it would equate to cancelling the reservation. But, she did not cancel my reservation for the 18th. I was charged for it. On Monday, May 19th, when the charge showed up on my bank statement, I called the hotel and explained to man at the front desk what happened and asked him to take off the charges. He refused. He was very rude and combative. I explained exactly what happened and he said that if I didn't have a cancellation confirmation number that I was out of luck. He asked me for the name of the woman I spoke to--I didn't ask for her name, so I didn't have it. Again, he said I was out of luck. I'm not a super frequent traveler. If I'd have known that calling the hotel and telling the front desk person that I didn't need the hotel room for the day that it was booked didn't equate to cancellation--I'd have gotten the name of the person and the cancellation number. But, I didn't know that--in my way of thinking, saying you don't want something means you don't want it. I have contacted my bank to see if the charges can be denied, but I'm not sure yet. I'm so angry and disappointed. At this point, I will NEVER stay at a Best Western again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 764teresap
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Very good hotel to stay at. it would be better if they had early check-in when traveling in the morning hours to get an early start from Upland, California to get by the bad traffic on southern california freeway like the 210 and 118 cause of trucks.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is the only hotel/motel within 20 miles. It offers adequate accomodations. Nothing fancy and nothing bad. If you must have luxury, stay 20 plus miles away and drive in. The breakfast is packaged rolls, juices made from a mix, and other packaged goods.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fillmore
Santa Paula Inn
Santa Paula Inn
#2 of 4 in Santa Paula
Glen Tavern Inn
Glen Tavern Inn
#1 of 4 in Santa Paula
Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western La Posada Motel? Share your experiences!