“A slice of the old west, and good hamburgers too!”

No Brand Burger Stand
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Ferndale
Oregon Coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,681 helpful votes
“A slice of the old west, and good hamburgers too!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place is owned by a local rancher and cowboy, hence the name "No Brand"..... as in branding cattle, you know? It also makes for a good rhyme!

It's a tick hard to find, even though it's directly on Main Street, but that's because it's tiny. It's tucked next to some large industrial buildings on the south side, just before you enter the business district. Look for the American flag and (of course) an old saddle out front. You know you found the right place when you see the "Cowboys Welcome" sign :-)

The burger stand looks a little different now than it did in 2011, when some of the older TA photos were taken. The sign is white with black lettering, and the inside has changed a bit.

The entire customer area inside can't be more than about 6' x 10'. When we were there, there were two other customers, and yes it was just a tad tight. Don't be surprised to be mingling with farmers, ranchers, 4-H kids, and truck drivers, all wearing cowboy boots. Ferndale is a rural small town and this place is heavily supported by locals. We learned that many regulars phone in their order and just nip in to pick it up.

They use only fresh local grass fed beef. Everything is made to order so it takes longer than a corporate fast food burger place. The menu is on a blackboard and they serve . . . hamburgers. Oh yeah, they also have a hot dog on the menu!

The burgers come with 'everything' on them, but it was no problem to get them without onions. I had a bacon cheeseburger and my husband had the blue cheeseburger. They were about $6 each. The very generous portion of fries ($3.75) were fresh and hot. They don't have a soda fountain, but they do have a good selection of canned pop. They serve *real* milkshakes.

The food here is nothing fancy, so don't expect Red Robin. These are just good old fashioned burgers. There is a counter inside with a couple of stools, but we sat outside on one of the picnic tables.

Good burgers here, and that's no bull ;-)

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank half-Brit

Live Oak, California
“So good!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Went here the other day for some lunch. I've heard a couple different things about it, "it's okay" and "it's pretty good". I'm going to assume that whoever said it was "okay" obviously did not try their onion rings. I would say it was worth the trip alone, but my bleu cheese burger with grilled onions was really good too. My husband had the Cajun bacon cheeseburger and he really liked his too. I was hoping to save room for a fresh banana shake, but I couldn't even finish my burger. Next time maybe I'll just get onion rings and a shake.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank celestyna
Central Valley of California
“Great hamburgers and fries in a little hole in the wall place”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I discovered No Brand Burger Stand in 2011. It was hard for us to find the first time. It's on Main Street but it's not in the town's business district. If you're coming from highway 101, it's a little wooden shack before the business district on the left amongst some industrial buildings. They have signs out on the street and we were amazed that we drove by it twice without finding it.

Okay, assuming you find the place, it seems that you just park anywhere that’s kind of out of the way so others can get into and out of the parking lot. There is also limited parking in the street.

They serve local, grass fed beef, which is wonderfully tasty. You go up two steps to enter the little shack to order. There is a menu board on the opposite wall and a small counter on the right to sit and eat. It seats three or maybe four people if they’re really friendly. You order through a small window and they call your name when your order is ready.

Sit outside if the weather is agreeable. They have picnic tables that can seat a small army. On our last visit, I noticed several people ordered their food to go and drove off into the sunset. I had never thought of doing that before.

They used to serve hot dogs and chicken sandwiches, too, but on our last visit, they had these menu items covered, so they may not offer them now. They have regular hamburgers and cheeseburgers plus hamburgers with bacon, Cajun bacon, bleu cheese and jalapenos (see the picture of the menu board).

This is definitely one of the best, if not the best hamburger place that I have ever been to. We have taken seven newcomers to No Brand Burger Stand and they have all loved it. My wife and I think you will, too. The last time I checked, they are only open from 11 AM to 4 PM.

• Visited July 2013