“Can't-get-enough type of place!”
Review of Lost Coast Cafe

Lost Coast Cafe
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Ferndale
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lost Coast Cafe is incredible and Mario has brought much needed new flavors into town. I personally haven't even been able to order anything but his garden burger thus far because I can't get enough of it. The only way I can explain it: "forget anything you already have in your head about what you think you know about garden burgers!" He uses fresh, homemade bread, sauted veggies, awesome spread, melted cheese, and homemade dressing-tossed spring mix, all making for a juicy, explosion of flavors. Just explaining is making me want another. I have talked to people who have tried his great variety of food and they all say it is AWESOME!

He caters to vegetarians, also offering vegan and gluten free dishes. I really do take my hat off to him for being able to hit such a home run with them because I do know it can be hard to find good yet vegan/gluten-free places up here. Not to mention he is incredibly personable, interesting, and loves what he does.

If you're close by, hit him up!

2  Thank Jbprs

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The cafe has a little courtyard tucked away between two buildings. We were tempted by the sign that advertised local, organic food and were not disappointed. The bowls of soup were large and wholesome with tons of veggies in, and the home made bread was to die for. We left room for dessert and I had the caramel coffee cake -a huge slice, warm and mouthwateringly delicious! Yum! I'm hungry just thinking about it!

1  Thank SylviaWaddell
Reviewed December 10, 2012

With great bar food, an awesome selection of their beer plus other drinks, this busy yet tasty restaurant is great for all ages.

2  Thank macjack
Reviewed November 24, 2012

ok - so on our trip up the coast into oregon, we stopped in ferndale. Had a good time walking around town, checking out the old cemetary and just enjoying the day. Getting hungry we stopped into the Lost Coast Cafe (think the bakery sign tempted us). This is kinda tucked away in the middle of town. We got there and met Mario who said they were not open yet - (could have something to drink if we wanted) but would be in about 20 minutes. We said we would be back and we were sure glad that we did. When we got back, we probably bugged him too much by asking questions - he is the owner and sole worker on this day. We each had a sandwich and my wife had the bean soup as well. When we ordered, he said the bread would be done in a few minutes - did we still want to wait. Helllooo, who would not wait for a sandwich on homemade bread?? The soup came out for my wife - she had also discussed the soups w/ our new friends in the restaurant and we waited for the sandwiches. The sandwiches were incredible. Can't say enough. Mario - a very cool guy working in a simple life bringing great veggie/vegan food to those in need. You don't realize that you need until you have visited this place. Will definitely come back. Got some good artwork adorning the place and nice little patio outside if the weather is good (or even for some coffee in cold weather). Do yourself a favor and enjoy some here - although he is busy - hang out and talk to Mario. Almost forgot the bakery - scones, pies etc. again only the best stuff.

1  Thank jenLeCreate
Reviewed November 17, 2012

In Northern California through Oregon, one can start taking organic cuisine locally grown with a bit of a grain of salt. Here, you can take it with a warm lentil soup, feta cheese, a bit of fennel, and a number of fresh herbs and other vegetables, as well as a blackberry and chocolate chip scone with a lovely cup of Earl Grey. Pick out your own mug, pour your own water, and enjoy tranquil comfort and a cafe run with infectious joy. Savor it.

1  Thank donzelion