“Excellent Dinner and Service”

The Hotel Ivanhoe Restaurant & Saloon
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We arrived at the Ivanhoe in the middle of the evening. In most small towns this means your dinner options are limited. Not so at the Ivanhoe. I had a really great steak and my wife a delicious scallop dish. The prices were reasonable and the service exceptional.

1  Thank lannyr

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My Mother and I were visiting Ferndale and decided to give the Ivanhoe a try. We found it to be so good that we returned the next night. If you can, go on a Thursday night for the chicken cacciatore...it's the only night they serve it and it's wonderful! You can order a half plate and you will leave stuffed! The second night I had the special, rack of lamb, and it's the best I've ever had! They have a great bar too. Make reservations, they fill up fast!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Local eating house! Good food, good location , good selection , would go back again ! Wish them all the best....

Reviewed September 25, 2013

From the appetizer to the desert, everything was excellent. My husband is fussy about his steak, but he was not disappointed. Lean, juicy and cooked exactly as he requested. Service top notch. Good bar. Great setting in a historic hotel. Loved it all around. Surprisingly reasonable as well.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have been a fan of the Ivanhoe for many years, and have always had great food, and great service. Yes, they are pricey, but for a special treat it's worth it. I recently took my son for his birthday dinner. The service was bad, we weren't told about specials, and had just finished our soup and salad when our drinks finally came. My son ordered a second beer at that time and it arrived when he was finishing his steak. His filet mignon was so so, my prime rib was cold and rare, though I ordered it medium well. The server acted annoyed and was snappy, so I let it go and dealt with it. We skipped dessert and coffee at this point. Had this been our first visit, we would never consider going back. I wrote a letter to the owner explaining our disappointment that particular night. Never heard a word from them. I send a second note a week later telling her that, and that because of their total indifference, we would never come back. Another couple I know ate there the same night and said they experienced the same thing from the same waiter. There was a young girl filling water glasses that couldn't have been more bored and rude. This is a small town and word will get around. I'm sorry they don't care about their customers.