“Kinda like home.”
other travelers have booked this property
lattuga di recente selezionato si affaccia parte delle nostre 80 acri.
Summertime e il bestiame vicine sono di leasing i primi due pascoli per qualche erba dell'ultimo minuto. Tramonto lungo Centerville Road. Nulla lungo questo percorso sarebbe giveaway che secolo questo è.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
lattuga di recente selezionato si affaccia parte delle nostre 80 acri.
Sale comuni: soggiorno, sala da pranzo con incredibile vista della valle.
Cena per 6, cibi freschi locali, California cuochi, inc. Nel prezzo della camera.
letto matrimoniale in una delle tre sale nella suite.
Bovini sulla collina dall'oceano. 1.5k piedi dalla nostra azienda agricola.
I nostri ospiti al tramonto sulla spiaggia.
Una famiglia da Minnesota arrosti marshmallow sulla spiaggia. Ospitiamo facilmente le famiglie. Chiedere.
gli ospiti svizzeri a cena.
La birra locale e il nostro pane fatto in casa
visite ospiti con il nostro emu.
Il nostro vaniglia ciliegio fatti in casa con salsa di ciliegie bing.
Un gruppo di ospiti che visitano l'emu. Ospitiamo gruppi. Chiedere.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Scott D
“Kinda like home.”
Reviewed August 20, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The house is tucked away in a peaceful, quiet, secluded valley surrounded by woods a short distance from the quaint Victorian town of Ferndale and within earshot of the ocean. That's only part of the charm of this place. The hosts, Wendy and John, really went all out to make me feel comfortable and welcome. The air is fresh, the bed was comfortable, and I slept like a log. The food was first rate and lovingly prepared - no processed or canned food served here, I can assure you, and any special dietary needs or restrictions will be met. A wonderful place and wonderful hosts. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

LCW_fil
“What a pleasure!”
Reviewed May 27, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed three days during my marathon weekend where I was running an hour away. It was an incredible pleasure to meet Wendy and John and to be a part of their home for a spell. Our room overlooked the land on which the house sits, complete with blooming flowers and a cool California breeze. The room was clean and well-kept with little bits of history present in every picture and trinket. Breakfast and dinner were provided, and I definitely received the best nourishment in preparation for my race. John bakes fresh bread, makes wonderful breakfasts, and had coffee ready and waiting each morning, while Wendy made a gourmet dinner each night. Wendy's knowledge of the local history was astounding and made selection of sightseeing spots super easy. My boyfriend spent much of him time lying in the hammock before taking the residential pups on a hike to the ravine on the property. The ocean is only a mile away and was incredible. Perfect place, perfect hosts, perfect vacation! We'll be back!

betsy l
“So wonderful!”
Reviewed December 27, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

This is a little slice of heaven,from the cozy so comfortable bed to the amazing, gourmet meals prepared daily by John & Wendy. The farmhouse sits on 80 acres which you are free to explore. Downtown Ferndale with its beautiful Victorian buildings is just minutes away and easy to reach as is the ocean. Loved our stay! Photo is the view from the dining room.

Management Response
Dec 28, 2016
Betsy, we had such fun with you and Tim. One of our best holidays ever. All best. Wendy
Goalxdr
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed October 31, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed with Waldner Farm when traveling with my brother and his wife. The location is outstanding. Private rooms and baths. Our room had a big open window overlooking a small field surrounded by hills. Dark country sky with only the ocean for sound in the distance. All that was what we expected. What we did NOT expect was the service and amenities. Meals are fantastic. John and Wendy have led very interesting lives and it was a pleasure to get to know them, yet we never felt they intruded with us. It's colloquial to say "we arrived as strangers but left as family," but that's exactly how it felt. This was a special stay, and we hope we can repeat it again.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Impossible NOT to feel relazed here.
Liked least: That we don't live closer.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sue L
“My favorite vacation”
Reviewed October 27, 2016 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

After a period of intense stress, I needed quiet down time with someone to take care of me, but unobtrusively. Blessedly, that's exactly what I got. I was there for eight days. The view alone is a reason to go there. This is one of the best properties in America, IMHO. A charming yellow house has a view of a large, private meadow nestled between two steep hillsides covered with Douglas fir forest. There is a stream along one side of the meadow (a natural stream! What? Who even knew those existed any more, and its source is right there on this 80-acre ranch). All that plus Wendy and John cook you two meals a day of delicious food, and they leave you alone the rest of the time to explore the gorgeous wonders of the California north coast or to sit home and read. Not only do they cook, they are masterful at it. John usually cooks breakfast and Wendy, dinner. Dinner conversation is delightful. They are smart, interesting people with a good sense of humor who have a keen sense of the room and relate well to everyone who comes there. I'll go there many times over the coming years.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beauty of the place.
Liked least: I didn't dislike anything.
Traveling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing