“Surprisingly good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mama Mia's
Ranked #13 of 19 Restaurants in Felton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Description: Dinner Nightly from 4:00 - 9:00 p.M. Located in the Felton Fair Shopping Center between Graham Hill Road and Mount Hermon Road. Plenty of free parking
Santa Cruz, California
“Surprisingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Although I had heard very good comments from several neighbors that had recently and frequently visit Mama Mia's, I was stubborn and wouldn't try it due to negative reviews I read online. Finally, after one more person I knew raved about it, my husband and I decided to try it after years of not stopping in. I thought the experience was surprisingly good in every way. We were greeted warmly by both the manager and a hostess, seated promptly, handed menus and drink orders were served promptly. The restaurant looked warm and cozy which was great on a cold and rainy night. The food and service was excellent. I had calamari steak which is hard to get perfect and it was perfectly tender with delicious sides and lovely presentation. My husband had spaghetti and meatballs which is thought very tasty. The bread was warm and fresh and included their signature flavored butter, but we asked if we instead could have balsamic vinegar and in a flash the server brought us vinegar, olive oil and a dish of fresh chopped garlic which mixed together was wonderful on the bread. So I am glad I finally check out Mama Mia's and I don't know why the other reviewers didn't share my very good experience, but I will definitely go again. Also, the price is reasonable and parking is plentiful.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank localyokel219

San Jose, California
“Rating from a New Yorker”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

OK, so I moved to California from New York and thought I'd never ever find pizza I approved of. I was wrong. Mama Mia's is it. Besides that, their standard dishes are dependably delicious (canolini is to die for), and the spiced butter for the breadsticks is soooooo yummy. I've had good servers and great servers there -- depends on the night -- but never had bad service.

Turns out....the owner is from New York. No wonder! GREAT STUFF!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kari D
Lubbock, Texas
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Visited this restaurant while staying in the Scotts Valley area. It was recommended by our hotel for good Italian food. Unfortunately, the food was not up to par. I got the Fettucine Alfredo w/ Chicken. The chicken was rubbery and chewy and didn't taste how chicken should taste in my opinion. The sauce was not thick AT ALL and seemed to be watered down. I assumed I would get a good meal based on the price I paid...not the case. I will not be back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hughson, California
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Excellent food and excellent service. Price is just right also

Visited May 2012
california
“Great Restraunt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

We are so lucky to have such a nice restraunt in our community. It has fantastic food,great wine and the personnel are pleasant.

• Visited April 2012